Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check this out...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:24 PM
just a tough work truck

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default check this out...

this is the cab corner of a 2010 F-150 with 34k miles at local dealer. just thought i would share this as i have never seen one this new that bad...
Attached Thumbnails check this out...-1106011028.jpg  

Last edited by bigwhitebullet6.4; 11-09-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry I do not understand what you just said
Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 PM
just a tough work truck

forgot to put pic on but its on now thats why my fault.... lol
Old 11-09-2011, 12:31 PM

I see it now. Wow that is bad
Old 11-09-2011, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the paint quality I have on mine (look at the paint hard enough and it will scratch) i'm not surprised but I don't have any of that on my 2010 yet. And if that isn't a reason to put mud flaps on I don't know what is.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=ric_no_k;1179891]With the paint quality I have on mine (look at the paint hard enough and it will scratch) i'm not surprised but I don't have any of that on my 2010 yet. And if that isn't a reason to put mud flaps on I don't know what is.[/QUOTE

]Not sure if flaps would help out that far back but maybe the wide running boards would. Glad I have both on mine. I do not see the clear bra material on the frontb edge of the bed like mine has.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:41 PM
just a tough work truck

your right about the cheap paint, this on is a regular cab so the corners get alil more abuse. i feel bad for the guy that doesnt look that hard and ends up buying this truck. i was actually gonna have the dealer im working with now buy this truck before i seen it thinking a 2010 would be spotless and i would buy it off them but good thing i went to check it out first... my 08 f250 with 94k looks millions better then this thing did..
Old 11-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The paint isnt cheap in fact its quite good. If you sandblast paint with pebbles you're going to rip out any paint. Just a good reason for side steps or mudflaps.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, but the paint quality on my truck sucks. Look between the bed and the cab and I see primer on the front side of the box right in the corner and also at the bottom of the A pillars where the fender overlaps them. Won't even talk about the bottom edge of my tailgate that looks like there was masking tape there when it was painted. It is really noticable on my Royal Red. Add to that three paint sratches in various locations including below the rear window. Any vehicles I have owned before I know when I put a scratch in it because it took effort (not that it was intentional but it was a 'that is gonna leave a sratch' moment). None of the ones on the truck was a moment like that and yet I have sratches. Our '06 Honda has no scratches in the paint it yet endures the same lifestyle as the 4 year newer truck.

I am the original owner so it hasn't been resprayed. This truck was factory ordered and I saw it the day it came off the truck.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ric_no_k
Sorry, but the paint quality on my truck sucks. Look between the bed and the cab and I see primer on the front side of the box right in the corner and also at the bottom of the A pillars where the fender overlaps them. Won't even talk about the bottom edge of my tailgate that looks like there was masking tape there when it was painted. It is really noticable on my Royal Red. Add to that three paint sratches in various locations including below the rear window. Any vehicles I have owned before I know when I put a scratch in it because it took effort (not that it was intentional but it was a 'that is gonna leave a sratch' moment). None of the ones on the truck was a moment like that and yet I have sratches. Our '06 Honda has no scratches in the paint it yet endures the same lifestyle as the 4 year newer truck.

I am the original owner so it hasn't been resprayed. This truck was factory ordered and I saw it the day it came off the truck.
Your truck was badly painted (mine is perfect). That doesnt mean the paint is bad quality. In every car website I've been regardless of brand there is always someone that complains about how bad the paint is. We should all realize that these are mass produced vehicles there, will be some vehicles that will get a bad paint job here and there. The damage in this truck has nothing to do with paint quality, but rather paint abuse. Personally I wont take delivery of a vehicle with paint flaws you could have done the same! Ive seen 100K mercs with drippy paint and flash too.

Quick Reply: check this out...