Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carpet delete question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:24 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Carpet delete question

Has anyone had any success in getting Ford or their dealer deleting the carpet in a trim level above an XLT?

My wife and I are about to buy a F150, but we'd really like one with vinyl floors, opposed to carpet, because we want a real truck, not a glorified grocery getter. We're going to go camping, use it for yard work, etc., and don't want to have to worry about getting the carpet dirty. At the same time, we have a 5 month old and don't want to have to worry about him spilling something on cloth seats, so we're leaning towards a Lariat since the price difference between it and an XLT isn't all that great for the options we'd like.

Honestly, I don't understand why the carpet delete isn't an option on every trim level (it is a TRUCK, after all) but I don't pretend to understand the mentality of the marketing geniuses at Ford.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they won't just get some weather tech or husky floor liners. They do a great job and the best thing you can take them out if you need to clean them.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^This. I have the weathertechs and after 2 hard winters with tons of salt and plenty of mud from hunting and whatnot my carpet looks like new under the mats. To answer your original question however I dont think you can get a Lariat with a vinyl floor.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:13 PM
F-ONE FIVE O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

weather tech all the way... but if you really want the vinyal floors Im sure your dealership can find a part# and have them or yourself install it.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:41 PM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

I think the take on a carpet delete option for a lariat would be immeasurably small. So it's unlikely to be offered.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I actually prefer the ford all weather floor mats to the weather techs. They do a great job of covering all the carpet and don't move at all. Just a suggestion
Old 12-28-2011, 11:15 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by eye.surgeon
I think the take on a carpet delete option for a lariat would be immeasurably small. So it's unlikely to be offered.
True, but having worked with the automation at an assembly plant myself (granted, with General Motors), I know first hand that there's really nothing to it when it comes to putting the truck together. With something like this, it is just a matter of changing a code on a build sheet so that the guy on the line puts the vinyl floor in lieu of the carpet. So is it likely that many people would request it? No. But there's no reason to inhibit someone from being able to order one that way if it can be accommodated at the plant without having to alter a process.

Anyway, I talked to someone at my local dealer today and they claim they can make it happen. I'm understandably a bit skeptical, which is why I asked if anyone had been able to make it happen. We shall see.

Last edited by byoungblood; 12-28-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 12-29-2011, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weathertech's should do the job. Even the rubber "all weather" mats from ford are good. I ordered my truck with them, but recently upgraded to weathertech, and they provide even more coverage.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:48 AM
ETTYOCEO ®

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Where is Sultan at? We haven't had a good floor mat fight in over a month!

OP. Go get a handheld carpet shampooer. Also get some WEATHERTECH floor mats. Don't get aries.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 AM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I use my truck as a truck (hauling, hunting and towing) with hunting track in a huge amount of mud and the Weathertech are great! Just like having a vinyl floor but removable just take out and hose off.

Quick Reply: Carpet delete question