Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All EcoBoost Owners with a problem!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:53 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

Default Calling All EcoBoost Owners with a problem!

I posted this in a another post but thought why not have a place to see where we are all at!

I am puzzled with all of this!! If there is a fix for the 2013 no matter what date it is suppose to be then why are people going back 2, 3 and even 4 times trying to get theirs fixed??? I mean tell me what is the difference in a ecoboost motor since it came out?? If they have corrected it then why don't they call us in and say we are going to apply the fix we engineered for the mid year 13's,... No matter what they did,, if it is an complete intake then put it on.... If there is a difference in the heads,,, then put them on! No matter what they found to correct it,,, just give us some peace and do it!

Why is Ford not ending this problem??? IMO,,,, they don't have a fix for any of the EcoBoosts no matter when they were made.

I know some have reported they haven't had a problem since the got this TSB done,,, but if we go back and read every post on the EcoBoost which is probably over 1000 pages by now,, I am sure we will find many that came back later and said,,,,, Oh Well,,,, At least I thought it was fixed.

Since the conditions may have to be right to get it to happen and since you have had the TSB applied you may have had similar conditions but not exact,,, that to me is what explains the people coming back later saying they thought it was fixed!
The following users liked this post:
jordan812 (09-26-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 09:57 PM

I think it is time for a poll!

have you had the problem yes / no
Have you had a TSB done?
did it fix it?
how long has it been fixed?
did you think it was fixed but then it did it again?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're going to do a poll, then make sure to include the year as well as what part of the world they are in.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:04 PM

I don't know how to do one,,, but I am sure I could learn... I just think it is time we join together on this issue and I agree the year and area are important. It would be more of a questioner to gather data,,, I think the NTSB said they had 100 complaints which is lean,,, very lean if you ask me... I think they should have a post where we can sigh in so they can get a better count on the issue...
Old 09-25-2013, 10:09 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

ECOBUST!

Ford should hang their heads in shame over this well intentioned but obvious failure. Turbo tech is nothing new so it should have never gone to this extreme extent of failure.
The following users liked this post:
Half_ton (09-26-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
ECOBUST!

Ford should hang their heads in shame over this well intentioned but obvious failure. Turbo tech is nothing new so it should have never gone to this extreme extent of failure.
I agree,,, turbos have been commonly out for at least 30 years and other than the early turbo failing due to bearing design and heat they didn't have running issues. This isn't a new wheel,,, this is old technology..... Heck I put a S/C on my mustang that works perfectly and the motor was never meant to have one on it!! This motor was designed specifically for a turbo setup so what's the problem? I can understand having a unforeseen problem,,, but not being able to fix it??? Not acceptable!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

TSB fixed mine. Runs great now not a hiccup in 8 months
Old 09-25-2013, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by cyberdude47
TSB fixed mine. Runs great now not a hiccup in 8 months
Do you mind providing some info as to what year,, where you live and what TSB?
Old 09-26-2013, 03:59 AM

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

2012 Ecoboost, just turned over 14K miles, not one issue with engine. Then again I live in the desert with no humidity for all these common engine problems so far with condensation. Best of luck to all of you. There will be a fix, not a failure engine. Every new production engine will have its hiccups along the way, just so happens these showed up earlier then later with the Ecoboost which is hurting the hyped up name thus far.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:00 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

TSB fixed my 2011.

So far.

Quick Reply: Calling All EcoBoost Owners with a problem!