Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying a truck that came from Quebec, should I be concerned..

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 07:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default buying a truck that came from Quebec, should I be concerned..

Hello, the ecboost truck I am interested in came from Quebec. its an 11 model and had one owner then bought by auction co. from Michigan. the truck is not being sold in PA where I live.
I heard people say never buy a vehicle from Quebec due to all the salt they use with the long winters, car fraud due to lax laws, horrible roads and drivers who generally do not care about their vehicles. the carfax shows no history, good or bad, other than it being titled in quebec, which I read is common to not have service history show up on carfax for that area.

while I do not want to stereotype a group of people, how concerning are these possible issues? mainly interested to hear from folks from Quebec and those who bought a car that came from Quebec/Ontario area and if you had any rust issues.

we use salt here in PA but we also get a lot less snow than our friends up north..

would like to add that the truck looks immaculate based on the photos, will see it in person this saturday.

Last edited by germanshepherd; 03-25-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:40 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

wow I think I'm insulted, lol

I wouldn't worry, it snows so much during our long winter that we barely leave the igloo, and when we do we have to use the dog sleigh cause our "roads" are so bad, I personally just leave it parked all winter with the windows wide open. why do you need a fax machine in your car?

Last edited by kidastra; 03-25-2015 at 07:44 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by kidastra:
130428 (03-26-2015), ns_redneck (03-26-2015), Stu Cazzo (03-25-2015), superfets (03-27-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by kidastra
wow I think I'm insulted, lol

I wouldn't worry, it snows so much during our long winter that we barely leave the igloo, and when we do we have to use the dog sleigh cause our "roads" are so bad, I personally just leave it parked all winter with the windows wide open. why do you need a fax machine in your car?
Hello and thanks for the reply. you lost me on the fax machine LOL. so.... personally, you do not experience rusting issues?
I had an escape that was a rust bucket from day one. ford would not do anything about it until it perforated through the sheet metal but by that time, warranty was over but it had rust bubbles forming everywhere. Rust makes me nervous
Old 03-25-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by germanshepherd
Hello and thanks for the reply. you lost me on the fax machine LOL. so.... personally, you do not experience rusting issues?
I had an escape that was a rust bucket from day one. ford would not do anything about it until it perforated through the sheet metal but by that time, warranty was over but it had rust bubbles forming everywhere. Rust makes me nervous
carfax = fax machine
no rust cause no one uses their cars during winter
salt is used to help the dogs get traction

Last edited by kidastra; 03-25-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by kidastra
carfax = fax machine
no rust cause no one uses their cars during winter
salt is used to help the dogs get traction
geez, I feel dumb, normally I would get something like that. its been a long day..
well this is a 4x4 F150, if the owner did not drive it in winter, he could have saved some moolah and gotten a car. guess he got the huskies out.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am from Ontario, And I also bought a used truck that came from Quebec. As for your rust concern, no excessive rust will happen just because of where it came from. Get it oil undercoated, and it will help prevent any rust, no matter where your from.

If you would like to know who owned it in Quebec, Look up Quebec Ministry of Transportation Have the Vin # Handy. And For about $20 I think, you can run a vehicle information that will give you who the previous owner is. I know the standard for warrenty applied no matter what province you are in, it may transfer to the U.S. as well, Contact ford of Canada for that.

Hope that helps in your decision.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by germanshepherd
geez, I feel dumb, normally I would get something like that. its been a long day..
well this is a 4x4 F150, if the owner did not drive it in winter, he could have saved some moolah and gotten a car. guess he got the huskies out.
no we need trucks to drive in the summer, most roads here are unfinished.
The following users liked this post:
130428 (03-01-2016)
Old 03-25-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

as long as they didnt spill beer in it. upholstery soaked with molson smells like hangover vomit. ask me how i know
The following users liked this post:
130428 (03-01-2016)
Old 03-25-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I just went through the same issue when purchasing my truck last month. I bought my 2010 FX4 from a Ford dealership and the truck was originally from Montreal. I was worried that the truck might have A LOT of rust on it as well but it seemed fine. I researched extensively on this and it seems like it isn't that big of a deal as long as the original owner took pretty good care of it. The other thing that really helped my decision were the rustproofing stickers that were on the driver's side door jam every year up until this year.

On the other hand, I used to have a Nissan Titan that I thankfully got rid of and don't judge me haha. I was stationed up in Fort Drum NY and had it rustproofed each year (2 out of 3yrs). After 9 years of owning it the rustproofing started chipping off and started to expose some rust on it.

Hopefully this helps!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:32 PM
'12 F-150 Lariat SCrew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My 2012 Lariat was from Quebec.
Bought it in Ontario.
No issues.

Quick Reply: buying a truck that came from Quebec, should I be concerned..