Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Sway Bar Link

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 03:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Broken Sway Bar Link

I have a 2012 FX4 that I installed a Bilstein level kit on the highest setting and replaced the sway bar links with MOOG heavy duty off road links last winter (about 4,000 miles ago). This weekend while pulling my camper off road one of the sway bar links separated at the top knuckle and the link hit my brake line. I lost all brake fluid and limped the truck to town and dropped it off at a shop to repair. The camper is now stuck in the national forest near Breckenridge, CO and the truck is out of commission. We had to cancel our camping trip for the 4th.

Long winded, but I'm pissed because I was mildly off roading when this happened and I am now wondering if it was a product failure or if I need to lower the level kit or remove it. I have liked the stance of the truck, but performance is not so great with the level. The shop that installed everything isn't helping much either with a warranty claim and fixing the issues.

Thanks for any feedback or responses. Just trying to decide what to do...
Old 06-29-2015, 04:39 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Whoever you bought the MOOG sway bar links should be paying for the damage if there is any decency in the company.

Quick Reply: Broken Sway Bar Link