Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bakflip tonneau installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Bakflip tonneau installed

I just finished installing the bakflip tonneau cover on my screw. The install wasn't that bad, not as easy as they do it in the video tho. If it worked half as easy as it does in the video it would be a bad *** cover. I had problems with the clamps staying put. Every time I came to tighten them they would slide and fall off. They have grooves in them that match up to the rails but they still don't hold very tight. The cover doesn't just snap into place like they say it does either. It kinda does to an extent, but you have to slam it. It's also kinda hard to get the last to latches to close when the tail gate is closed. I was playing around with it for about an hour trying to get it lined up perfectly and it's still a little hard to close. It looks great tho. Here are a couple of cell phone pics.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Boilermaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice cover! I like the flush look, can you tell us what the cost was and where you purchased?

I am thinking of getting the Truxedo roll up soft cover and wanted to compare.

Thanks!

Last edited by carder69; 07-01-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added info
Old 07-01-2009, 11:11 PM

I got it from truckaddons.com They list it at $698 and their doing a $30 off promo right now so it was 668. Took almost 4 weeks to get it tho. I had to call them and ask them where it was, and there was a big mix up and they thought they shipped it out cause someone closed the ticket. I got it 3 days after I called.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:19 PM

Looks nice. How much does it weigh? I'd like to do the same but have to watch out for my max 1,047 pounds payload limit in my new Platinum.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:11 AM
JM

Originally Posted by starlifterpilot
Looks nice. How much does it weigh? I'd like to do the same but have to watch out for my max 1,047 pounds payload limit in my new Platinum.
I'll be overloading my Platinum on every trip I suppose...lol

Nice BakFlip SixSix!

I love the low profile design...looks super sharp!

Last edited by rokdktr; 07-03-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by starlifterpilot
I think the box said like 40lbs. It's alot heavier than I though it would be.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 AM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I really like the look and idea of this cover, but you mentioned that you have to slam it shut? I used to drive an Avalanche and those fit in just perfectly ... no effort in the slightest bit. BUT - they didn't fold up like this does so it lacked in feature a little bit.

Would you buy it again or go with a slightly different model?

Trending Topics

Old 07-02-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by sixsix
I think the box said like 40lbs. It's alot heavier than I though it would be.
Thanks sixsix. That'll keep me over a thousand on the payload if I get the same one. Again, it looks nice on yours!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by sharper4
I really like the look and idea of this cover, but you mentioned that you have to slam it shut? I used to drive an Avalanche and those fit in just perfectly ... no effort in the slightest bit. BUT - they didn't fold up like this does so it lacked in feature a little bit.

Would you buy it again or go with a slightly different model?
I wanted a hard cover, but it's just not practical with a atv and all, so I wanted something that I could use the whole bed when I needed to. This was the only hard folding cover that does that. I would deff buy another one. I don't know what's the difference in the g2 and the hd, but I'd stick with the g2. Hopefully it'll hold up good for many years. I'm gonna try to adjust it out some more when it's not 100+ degrees outside.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:36 AM
5300lbs of Fury

Looks nice. I have the Truxedo Lo Pro Qt on my Screw. Love the functionality I get with it and really does look great.

Quick Reply: Bakflip tonneau installed