Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back up camera

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Back up camera

Does anyone have a problem with their backup camera? I have a 2013 Screw and sometimes it works and other times it has a blue screen. HELP.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Buddy just went through this problem. He had to replace the camera to fix the problem.
The following users liked this post:
Tinman (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 08:34 PM

I was afraid of that. Saw a video on YouTube about this.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:09 PM

Received 237 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinman
I was afraid of that. Saw a video on YouTube about this.
Try this it's worth a shot....my wife's trk had the same problem for like almost a year.....Finally I took the tailgate apart about 2 months ago & pulled the wire out from behind the camera, thru the bottom, into behind the bumper. Pretty easy except you break the tabs on the emblem & there is no way around that.......Then it plugs into another joiner part....This joint is right against the passenger frame rail just behind the spare... To get it apart I dropped the spare for more room.... I always have a gal. jug of muratic acid in the shop & I dipped a Q tip into it & basically washed all the terminals......Rinse with water...then I gave the terminals a shot of WD-40.....Then I just put it back together; minus the emblem.....camera didn't work but I tried.......Can't remember but around 4-5 days later she came home from work & said guess what my camera started working today & it hasn't failed since.....I plan on getting some 2 sided 3m tape to put the emblem back on.....but that is for another day....,maybe next year.......Personally I think it had a bad connection up behind the spare...........worked for me!!.........Good Luck....Mac
Old 05-25-2019, 11:43 AM

Thanks, I will give that a try. I saw that there is no saving the emblem when removing the camera.

Quick Reply: Back up camera