Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention all you 2011-12 sync / Iphone owners!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 05:30 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

Default Attention all you 2011-12 sync / Iphone owners!

Ok enough is enough!! or should I say,,, Nothing from Ford in over 2 years!
I like all of you have a 2012 F150 with the standard sync system that is pretty much worthless,,,, well except for a Bluetooth function that works, at best,,, half the time.... I know the option is included in a package but it is still probably over a 400 to 500 dollar cost to replace and doesn't work as good as a 20 dollar Bluetooth you can by at walmart! So have you wondered why???? I have,,,,, I know some will say mine does,,, but again Iphone users please! Now I am blowing off steam because I have been sitting back waiting for the promised updates that Ford would supply and nothing!! And now I see at least two updates go past my eyes in the last couple of months and see that they are for the other sync systems and mostly for the 2013 models. Why??? well it seems that ford cares about truck sales and not prior customers! Oh and if you have a 2013 feel privileged for the time being because in the next several months you will probably be writing your own rant as I am because the 14's will be out and they will leave you behind to take care of securing the 14 sales! Now I know that Ford can't be held to the fact they make 100's of different phones but come on now,,, the Iphone is a common phone for the last 4 or so years. Now I see that Ford has tired or even has fixed the problem with the Iphone!!! Yea!!!! but for the 2013 only,,,,, so where is our update to fix our's????

Now comes the part where someone says or thinks,,,, Hey,, it isn't like every 2011-12 F150 isn't working!! Well Let's see,,,,,,,,

WHO HAS A 2011-12 F150 with the basic sync system and a Iphone that has all the features promised and wrote about working??? Not just that you can make a call, or answer a call coming in,,, but,,, music,, texting and reply text???

Now if we don't get even one on this forum that can say they do..... Maybe,,,, Just maybe Ford Customer Service might chime in and tell us the truth!!! That there probably won't ever be an update,, so get over it and if you want a sync system that works buy a new truck???

Now I didn't buy the truck because of the sync system,,, but I did buy it with it,, I wanted the option,,,,, but in truth,,,,, I wanted it to work too!
I didn't buy the truck for the headlights either,,, but I think it would be nice to have them working right??? Well I think Ford should either fix the system or refund us the 4 to 5 hundred for it so we can go to walmart and replace it for 20 bucks.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:37 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I can call and answer a call, and play music through the USB port. Texting does not work which I would like. Bluetooth is 50/50 though on if it works or not.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:52 PM

Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts

Maybe go with an Android phone.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM

That's two Nay's! lets see how this goes! The more replies the better chance we are heard Guy's!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by venatic
Maybe go with an Android phone.
Maybe read the post! I take it you can't read or have nothing better to do! Sorry just upset! I didn't know you were going to send me the 4 to 5oo bucks to get one! Oh,,, you are not!! Well I have two years before I update mine to make it worth it unless of course you want to pay for it!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:56 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts

I have an iphone 4s and it works great with my sync. I can not text with it, but according to syncs site that option is not available with my phone carrier which is AT&T. From my understanding all the options of sync depend on what phone you have and what carrier you have. Here is a link to see what will work with your phone. http://support.ford.com//sync-techno...atibility-sync

Last edited by kbass24emtp; 09-09-2013 at 06:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ruff rider (09-13-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by kbass24emtp
I have an iphone 4s and it works great with my sync. I can not text with it, but according to syncs site that option is not available with my phone carrier which is AT&T. From my understanding all the options of sync depend on what phone you have and what carrier you have. Here is a link to see what will work with your phone. http://support.ford.com//sync-techno...atibility-sync
from what I understand it is working with the new update for the 2013's so that is why I am mostly upset!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IPhone here I can play music and listen to Pandora through bluetooth. I don't know about the texting never tried it. The stuff I want it to do seems to be working fine. I don't care for the voice command much she doesn't speak Redneck lol. I have the 2012 with Nav.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by stang88tn
IPhone here I can play music and listen to Pandora through bluetooth. I don't know about the texting never tried it. The stuff I want it to do seems to be working fine. I don't care for the voice command much she doesn't speak Redneck lol. I have the 2012 with Nav.
The nav sync is suppose to be different but hey you aren't doing to bad if you are happy with the options you care about! How does a Redneck woman speak??? I have only heard that directed at guys for some reason???

Well that is still a Nay so we are up to 4 not fully working sync systems. I wonder if we will get one that works completely???
Old 09-09-2013, 06:18 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

2011 here with an iPhone 5. I can listen to music via bluetooth and USB with no problems. Works 100% of the time. Phone calls are no problem either. Never tried texting with it as I have no need to do so. Sync works just fine for me.

Quick Reply: Attention all you 2011-12 sync / Iphone owners!