Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are any of you planning on ordering a new '13, soon after books open?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 01:21 AM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Are any of you planning on ordering a new '13, soon after books open?

Are any of you planning on placing an order for a new 2013 when the books open, about two weeks from now?

I really like the look of the new grills (both XLT and Lariat/above) and I also think the HID headlights are great, along with the updated Nav system.

I plan on placing an order for a new Lariat, soon after the order books open on the 26th. I was going to get an FX4, but it appears that model will not have the new lighting system; so I will get the Lariat (black) with the Off-Road pkg. and EB engine.

Just wondering how many others are going to go with the new model and get their factory orders in, early-on?

The only negative I see, is that most likely, there will be limited to zero cash-back incentives in the two to three months right after release time, and maybe not until around the Christmas sales period time, when dealer inventories have been built up and they have cleared out all the old 12's.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:05 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

I am standing pat for awhile I think. That may change this fall.... LOL
Old 06-10-2012, 08:23 AM

Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts

I saw pics of the new 2013's before I traded in my 2011 XLT for a 2012 XLT. I think the new grill and headlights are very nice looking...but I like the 2012 Lariat Grill and I don't get the Nav systems anyway. I thought I would like the Tow Mirrors on an F150 but they look just too bulky and will not really be functional for me when towing the few times I do with this truck.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:31 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I will wait until they start offering incentives. Maybe around Christmas time.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Keeping my 2011 Fx4 til the wheels fall off! lol
Old 06-10-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NorCal-09
Are any of you planning on placing an order for a new 2013 when the books open, about two weeks from now?

I really like the look of the new grills (both XLT and Lariat/above) and I also think the HID headlights are great, along with the updated Nav system.

I plan on placing an order for a new Lariat, soon after the order books open on the 26th. I was going to get an FX4, but it appears that model will not have the new lighting system; so I will get the Lariat (black) with the Off-Road pkg. and EB engine.

Just wondering how many others are going to go with the new model and get their factory orders in, early-on?

The only negative I see, is that most likely, there will be limited to zero cash-back incentives in the two to three months right after release time, and maybe not until around the Christmas sales period time, when dealer inventories have been built up and they have cleared out all the old 12's.
That's a sweet ride but, I wish they would do something with the hole in the bumper!!!! Love the new wheels too!!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:08 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

More than likely It will be one off the lot, in march if I do. Thats when my dealer runs a big sale. Im happy with my 11 though so might wait for the redesign.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I am planing on ordering as soon as it opens. Been waiting about 6 months for 2013. Spent hours on the forum deciding on exactly what I want. Going to get 2013 lariat Ecoboost 4x4 6.5 box ingot silver. I can't wait till. They release the Brochure
Old 06-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazyeye
That's a sweet ride but, I wish they would do something with the hole in the bumper!!!! Love the new wheels too!!

The hole is what it is; and if you live in a state like CA, where a front plate is the law....then the issue is moot. And if you have the EB, you get one of those slick after market grills.

After everything is said and done, the bottom line is that we own the best looking trucks on the road!!

If I had purchased my '09 with Nav and Sony and the remote start, I would not even be considering a new truck before the model makeover in (most likely now) '15. With 45K now on my current truck, it runs perfectly.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Brother NorCal, I too like the looks of the '13, the grill, and especially the wheels. I will wait though until probably next year this time to order. Similiarly, I love my '11 XLT, and if I would have gotten the Lariat I would stay pat. Hind sight, right? So, the new Lariat will be the one.

The main reason I'll wait is that it should be more palatable to the Wifey when I suggest the change. I am married Man, hear me cower...............

I will try the "it's your fault" strategy. She just got her '13 Mustang GT w/the 5.0. OMG !!!! Yeah, I know it's risky, but a man's gotta try.

Last edited by Wanted33; 06-10-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Are any of you planning on ordering a new '13, soon after books open?