Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Navigation usage experts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 08:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Any Navigation usage experts?

Love the Sony/Nav/Sync system after a week with it but having trouble with one thing. On a number of occasions I know the name of the place I'm going but not the city its in. I'm having a hard time figuring out an easy way to find these.

I had an aftermarket Garmin-based Nav system in previous truck and in these cases I type the name of my destination and it would find all matches starting closest to furthest. I'm looking for the same functionality.

For example, I'm going to a restaraunt "Gasthaus - ...". If I go to restaraunt POI category I need the city name. If I go to POI near here and choose restaraunt there are hundreds to go through before I'd have found it because of all the restaraunts that are closer to where I current am. In this case "German" category got the list short enough that I found where I'm going but what if its not a specialty restaraunt?

In summary, is there a way to do a simple name search on all POIs (or a category) without needing to provide city/state information?

Quick Reply: Any Navigation usage experts?