Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying noise in 4 HI

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Annoying noise in 4 HI

I have been doing some research on a problem with my 2012 when in 4 HI, this whistling noise that I get when I hit around 40 km and onward and increases as I hit the gas and decreases when I take it off the gas. The dealer said this is normal and some people also said it is, was there any solution for this found or is it normal, don't know what to do at this point. ANy direction would be great, thanks.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by snowman48
I have been doing some research on a problem with my 2012 when in 4 HI, this whistling noise that I get when I hit around 40 km and onward and increases as I hit the gas and decreases when I take it off the gas. The dealer said this is normal and some people also said it is, was there any solution for this found or is it normal, don't know what to do at this point. ANy direction would be great, thanks.
I know exactly what you're talking about. When I had my 2013, we did the song and dance about that too. Even had the factory rep out to look at it. Long story short.....yes, it's normal. They all do it. Some worse than others. In fact, the 2012 loaner they gave me was worse than my truck. I know it's a tough pill to swallow. My 2004 never sounded like that and still doesn't to this day. Oh, forgot to mention that my '14 does it as well.

Quick Reply: Annoying noise in 4 HI