Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Alaskan" F150 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The "Alaskan" F150 Lariat

Well I have been on here the last several months, asking questions, researching, etc. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has replied to my posts, this is a great forum. I thought I would put up my progress on our new F150 for others to see and so I can contribute something to this Forum.

First we ordered our 2011 Screw Lariat EB 5.5' box on 2/21/2011 every option but the tailgate step in Red Candy Metallic. We FINALLY took delivery of it last month on 5/25/2011. When I was home last we took a trip to Homer, AK to hang with some friends at thier cabin and do a little halibut fishing, we averaged a little over 19MPG, I was very happy with less then 1000 on the truck, we now have about 1200mi on it, I need to test out the towing with it now when I get back home from work.

I have been doing some mods along the way per my wife's request because this is her primary rig now, she went from this...

to this! A little more user friendly with the baby and zipping around town, now daddy gets his truck back!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Dan

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Very cool dodge!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:40 PM

Default Inner Fenders

I noticed that the F150 does not come with any rear inner fenders like my Dodge Ram did. I really like this as it keeps the road grim from getting into the backside of the bed panels and the rear bumper.
Here is what my Dodge looked like

Here is what the F150 has...

So for $30 I grabbed some inexpensive plastic mudflaps

Did a little measuring, cutting and drilling

And ziptied them into place on the body struts, it turned out pretty good and they work great!

Last edited by AlaskaLariat; 06-23-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 PM

Received 260 Likes on 156 Posts

Ncie rig and great mod. I may try that when I get tired of waiting for Ford or the aftermarket to provide me with real fender liners. It definately looks quite a bit cleaner.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Don't spreadsheet this..

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Very nice rigs. I wish we had mountains that close to us up here in the interior.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! After just powerwashing mud and cow patties out the rear of my truck, I'm doing this mod immediately. Great Dodge truck pic. Awesome state too.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:18 PM

Default other goodies

I added a Dee Zee bed mat, only thing was I had to remove the little rubber bumpers on the bed extender so it would lock into place since the mat added the extra thickness, but it works great.

We were going to go with a Leer fiberglass cover and then after some reasearch I seen all the pics of the BakFlip F1. I am sure glad I didnt made that mistake, this F1 cover is the *****! I also opted for the Bak Box also, great for this short bed truck

AVS slim ventshades and front bug shield

I also added the Amp Research Bed step and a couple Visions X solo lights for backup lighting for these dark Alaskan nights

I also added a plug for jumper cables and a double stack Vision X light Bar in the bumper. Before anyone mentions airflow for the intercooler, remember I live in AK, if it gets 75* here its HOT, so no worries there.

I have a few other things in the works that I will get completed once I get home from work and will update this thread.

I hope this helps anyone wanting to do similiar mods to thier truck, afterall some of my mods are from people creating threads such as this one for others to see.

Thanks

Last edited by AlaskaLariat; 06-23-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That last one is really cool with the jumper cables...how slick!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:17 PM
FN SWT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats...and the truck mods are great. How was the BUT fishing in Homer? What a fantastic place...can't wait to get back there one day.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey AK, I really like the look of those AVS slim shades. I'm having trouble tracking down what looks like what you put on. Looks like they are in-channel... could you provide when you got them or the part name/number, cause at the AVS site, I can't even match what looks like you've got.

love the set-up... The bug deflector doesn't appear to deflect as much as just add protection flush with the hood there. Am I wrong? Jumpper cables are great too. On the intercooler, I think you'd be surprised how beside the point ambient air temperature is versus good air flow and especially if under a load. I think you might be ok, but I'd keep an eye on it... just sayin'

Quick Reply: The "Alaskan" F150 Lariat