Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding SiriusXM

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adding SiriusXM

I've read through some previous posts, wasn't sure if anyone had direct experience when it comes to 2014 F-150 XLT. Dealership is working on getting back to me, but the people have been not that knowledgeable when it comes to the electronics. They should just make all the stereos Sirius enabled from the start!

I have the Sirius button, but get the "No SAT radio" message, obviously there is no tuner/antenna. The quick and dirty $60 kit from SiriusXM was not the answer. It appears that this may be the guy I need:

https://www.radiosandmore.com/rmx/pr...x?pid=4047456N

Anyone out there go through this process?
Old 12-22-2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by soriano33
I've read through some previous posts, wasn't sure if anyone had direct experience when it comes to 2014 F-150 XLT. Dealership is working on getting back to me, but the people have been not that knowledgeable when it comes to the electronics. They should just make all the stereos Sirius enabled from the start!

I have the Sirius button, but get the "No SAT radio" message, obviously there is no tuner/antenna. The quick and dirty $60 kit from SiriusXM was not the answer. It appears that this may be the guy I need:

Try sending Steve an email. He would probably be able to steer you in the right direction:
support@4dtech.com
Old 12-22-2014, 05:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 2014 and thought they all came with Sirius and the only way to not have it was to not renew after the 6-month free period. Just to be clear, you're saying you don't have the satellite radio antenna on the roof of a 2014 XLT? It should be all that's required is that you contact Sirius and renew your contract.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jjg3
I have a 2014 and thought they all came with Sirius and the only way to not have it was to not renew after the 6-month free period. Just to be clear, you're saying you don't have the satellite radio antenna on the roof of a 2014 XLT? It should be all that's required is that you contact Sirius and renew your contract.
I just purchased a 2014 in Sept. It cam with free six month Sirius. I have driven Honda and Toyotas for the last 13 years and had XM SATELLITE. I called Sirius/XM to transfer my current Xm contract to my new F150 expecting to keep my Xm service. sirius/xm told me my new truck had a Sirius radio and could not receive Xm service. A lot of the programming is the same, but college sports and MLB service on Sirius program leaves much to be desired.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:09 AM
F150 Greenhorn

Received 109 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by soriano33

Was your truck new or used? If used, the free trial could have expired and that's why it's saying "No Sat radio". Does your truck have the Sirius antenna on top? That should tell you if it has the tuner or not. I thought if you had the Sirius button, you had the tuner. I could be wrong though.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 2011 xlt with sync. has the sirius button....but no factory sat. when i pushed it it would say "no sat" because there wasnt a tuner or antenna.

so, i installed satellite myself. got the kit from cruchfield. i need two items....the tuner and the harness to connect the tuner to the factory radio

SiriusConnect SC-C1 Universal Vehicle Tuner
Item #: 607SCC1

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_607SCC1...cle-Tuner.html

and i needed this also to connect the sat tuner to the stock radio.

iSimple Peripheral Gateway for Satelli 2005- Up Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Item #: 541ISFD11

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541ISFD...n-Mercury.html

it works great. the install was a easy and typical radio removal install...biggest pain was smushing the stuff back into the dash.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:06 AM

Default Parts not available at crutchfield - I have yet to find a clear answer

Originally Posted by Redder
i have a 2011 xlt with sync. has the sirius button....but no factory sat. when i pushed it it would say "no sat" because there wasnt a tuner or antenna.

so, i installed satellite myself. got the kit from cruchfield. i need two items....the tuner and the harness to connect the tuner to the factory radio

I have searched on google and this F150Forum and other ford forums. I have yet to find a definitive answer for this question. I purchased 2 Certified Pre-Owned Super Crews (2013 & 2014 identically equipped - cant tell difference between the two vehicles) with the Sirius Button on the dash. When pushing the button it says "No SAT available". In addition I checked for an SAT Radio Antenna on roof or anywhere - no Joy....

Lastly, I had the dealer provide me original Sticker and the Factory Sticker does not say anything about SAT Radio just "Single CD with Sync Basic".

I went a couple of dealers and they can't give me an definitive answers either - some say you have to replace the Head unit or it had to be installed at the factory - bottom line no clarity.

So as far as Crutchfield parts they no longer have those parts and the I got this PN searching the Forums 4047456N (available at Radios and More Site).

Just looking for a definitive answer from the forums - I did not find anything on Fordparts.com either under this PN 4047456N. Also Fordparts.com shows nothing for Sat Radio option.

Can anyone provide me and others clear guidance. I wish this was an easy answer.

Thanks in advance!

PS - I also entered a chat session with Crutchfield support person - they do not have a solution anymore - they said consult ford dealer - again no definitive answer.. Just want to make sure before I order from Radios and More that PN 4047456N has worked for others.

Last edited by powerx86; 01-01-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:37 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

soriano33,
Do you have an antennae like this ^^^^^^ on the passenger side roof? If not you do not have satellite radio for your truck.

You would have a "basic" radio with sync, if so equipped.
An external kit would be needed as you already have found out.

Now, if you do have an antennae like that on the passenger side roof, the satellite module is not installed and/or working properly.

Hope this helps a little.

powerx86,
When I worked at Ford's Mich Truck Assembly, the sat radio module was installed on the trans tunnel and the harness was ran to the radio and then to the roof along the pass A-pillar, the changed to the passenger side rear glass. Now this is based on the '97- '02 and '03-'07 Expeditions/Navigators. So to add a Ford OEM sat module wouldn't be to hard, just time consuming and maybe price. Again hope this helps.

Last edited by STLRS FN's FX4; 01-01-2015 at 12:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
powerx86 (01-02-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Redder

it works great. the install was a easy and typical radio removal install...biggest pain was smushing the stuff back into the dash.
When did you purchase those parts? Both are no longer made.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:22 PM

Received 93 Likes on 81 Posts

Just get you one of these and install. It takes a few minutes to install.

http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600...th_vehicle_kit

Quick Reply: Adding SiriusXM