Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC is blowing hot hot air. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC is blowing hot hot air. HELP

Hey all, thanks in advance for any information. Newbie here
I have a 2011 F-150 XLT. About 2
months ago I had the troublesome popping noise coming from my dash, along with cold air only blowing out the defrost. I replaced the blend door actuator behind the radio and everything worked as it should. Fast forward to a week ago- air still changes with vent selection but all I get is hot air. At first it will be ambient but of course when the engine warms it is really hot air, out both driver and passenger side vents- AC doesn’t work at all. I had my AC checked and it is fully charged. The compressor still turns and appears to be functioning correctly. I’ve done a little research and it appears there is another actuator that controls the hot/cold blend? Am I wrong here? Where in the hell is it located? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:10 AM

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,725 Posts

There are 3-4 blend doors. 4 if you have dual AC. If you have dual, there is another temp door down at the floor of the truck.

Perhaps your new actuator went bad. The Ford/Motorcraft are prone to early failure. All the aftermarket replacements are WORSE. Or, you could have a more serious AC problem, which you would probably need qualified help to fix.

Quick Reply: AC is blowing hot hot air. HELP