Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light on

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:36 PM

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Default ABS light on

So I took my wifes car to work this weekend and left her with the truck. Well I talk to her when I was at work at she told me the ABS light came on, then went off, then when she got back in the truck it was on again. It's still on. Anyone had this happen to them yet? I'm gonna call the dealer tomorrow and bring it in but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my last truck (merc mountaineer) it meant low brake fluid level. When that was the case, the light would go off briefly when I stepped on the brakes and come back on after a moment. It ould happen every 2-3 months, but that was a 9 yr old truck.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:48 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by sixsix
So I took my wifes car to work this weekend and left her with the truck. Well I talk to her when I was at work at she told me the ABS light came on, then went off, then when she got back in the truck it was on again. It's still on. Anyone had this happen to them yet? I'm gonna call the dealer tomorrow and bring it in but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this.
Speaking in general, most of the time, this is just a sensor out of whack on one of the wheels; however, I would take it in and get it checked ASAP, as there is the potential there is some other issue in the ABS system, even a slow fluid leak which the system computer has detected.

This would, of course, be a warranty item on your '09.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:29 PM

Checked it a little while ago and the light wasn't on. Fluid level was fine. The pedal seemed kinda squishey but that could be cause I got used to the rock hard pedal on the wifes fusion. Either way I'm gonna bring it in tomm. and see what they say.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:43 PM

Just an update, brought it in Friday and they said it was the abs/tc control module. Had to order another one and I gotta bring the truck back when it comes in.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Andrew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

well, my moms 09 expy had a faulty sensor in august, and it started with just occasionally, and then one day I was using it, and she called to ask if it was on(it was), and she said it had been on constant for about a week so she was going to call to ask. long story short, she took it to the dealer, they ordered the part, she took in in two days later and got it back that afternoon. covered under waranty. the dealer will most likely even give you a loaner focus to use for the day
Old 10-16-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dealership trip?

Trending Topics

Old 10-16-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by grogo37
dealership trip?
Yeah they had to order the part. Still waiting for it to come in.

Quick Reply: ABS light on