Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.0 Stock Exhaust Dump

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.0 Stock Exhaust Dump

I'd like to do this because I like the clean look of no exhaust.

I don't mind a little extra noise but don't want to **** off the wife or neighbors.

If I keep the muffler stock and just dump behind the muffler, am I going to screw myself on performance or make it way too loud?

I've searched this some on here and usually people want to dump and add a muffler for a deeper sound. Deep sound is a bonus if I can achieve it, but not crazy loud...

Any thoughts?
Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 PM

I also like the clean look of no exhaust tips..I had a Dump on my 08 5.7 tundra and the main reason i did it was to get rid of the drone at high way speeds(And it worked like a charm might i add)..Im not sure if the 2 are realted but i have heard it from others as well,But i had a problem with the chrome pitting on my pass rear wheel after the Dump was installed..It happened on a Bzo Elite and on a Kmc Slide..Anyways what alot of the tundra guys were doing and what ill be doing with ,y FX4 as well was actually running the pipe over the rear axle slightly that way it was almost out from under the truck but you still couldn't see it..Ill post a few pics so you can see what im talking about..I thought of maybe removing the resonator on mind for a little more sound..I did the res delete on my 08 Tahoe and it sounds perfect..A nice rumble at idle and acceleration on the outside,but just like factory inside and crusing.....Also i didn't notice it realling being any louder with the dump just alot deeper sounding which was a plus......
Charles

Last edited by trikeffex; 12-04-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:42 PM

Old 12-04-2011, 05:23 PM

That looks good!

I have heard that the exhaust gas is pretty corrosive so I don't want to cause any unnecessary damage. I'll look into that and post up pics when I can get around to making this happen!

Quick Reply: 5.0 Stock Exhaust Dump