Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 F150 AC - Lights are on but nobody’s home

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 06:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2014 F150 AC - Lights are on but nobody’s home

Drove my truck all afternoon and all was good. Went out a few minutes ago to take the Mrs to dinner and no AC. The lights come on the control panel and you mess with the modes, but literally nothing else happens. No clicks, no noise, no fan... nothing. Turned truck off and on. Nothing. It just seems dead.

2014 XLT Crew. Manual climate controls.

Any ideas?
Old 06-23-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Check the fuse (46) 10A in the body control module, under the dash passenger side, might have a cover to remove to access it.
The following 2 users liked this post by RLXXI:
Blondie70 (06-23-2018), pw1981 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Check the fuse (46) 10A in the body control module, under the dash passenger side, might have a cover to remove to access it.
I pulled that fuse to check it. It’s good. Put it back in and fired up the truck and the AC started working.

Could there have have been a control module that needed ‘cleared’ with the fuse pull?
Old 06-24-2018, 01:39 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by pw1981

I pulled that fuse to check it. It’s good. Put it back in and fired up the truck and the AC started working.

Could there have have been a control module that needed ‘cleared’ with the fuse pull?
Possible. More likely the surge of voltage when you plugged it back in woke it up. Strange things can happen where computer modules are concerned and there's a bunch of them in our trucks.
The following users liked this post:
pw1981 (06-24-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 08:35 PM

Ok so this problem has reared its head again, and this time brought some new symptoms with it.

We drove to lunch yesterday and all was good. After lunch, no AC. Same symptoms as before. All the lights and buttons seemed to work, but no blower and no noises. Once again, pulled the #46 fuze in the kick panel and put it right back in then started up the truck and the AC came to life. But here is where it gets odd. Now the AC fan is clearly not running at full speed on high. And you can hear the speed of the fan fluctuating ever so slightly. This led me to the belief that the blower control needs to be replaced.

After finding the resistors out of stock at both local stealerships, I stopped at the auto parts store and grabbed an aftermarket one. Went to install it and found that my truck has a different resistor than every parts site says it should have. All the parts store sites, Rock Auto, and a few YouTube videos, show that my truck with manual climate control uses the YH1715 resistor. However, when I dropped the glove box to install it, I find that my truck is equipped with what appears to be the YH1829 motor controller that is specified for the automatic climate control system. See attached photos... one is a screen cap from Rock Auto, and the other is my actual dash.

Why would my manual controlled truck have the automatic controller? And, based on these new symptoms combined with the old ones, does this seem like a likely fix?

Rock Auto's listing for my Truck

Behind my glove box

Quick Reply: 2014 F150 AC - Lights are on but nobody’s home