Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Platinum heater controls

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Platinum heater controls

I'm usually able to find an answer to my questions with minimal browsing, like fixing my malfunctioning Sync. This perplexes me beyond belief. My drivers side climate control **** went bad and was causing the whole heating system to shut off randomly in the middle of winter in WI. A pain, but hey stuff happens right? So I bring it in for a warranty fix only to find out Ford no longer makes this part in Platinum trim. It's under factory warranty but the factory doesn't offer the parts to fix it!? According to my dealer, who knew I wouldn't accept my truck back with XLT parts in it had to disassemble both the old and new parts to "custom make" me the correct part and install that. That's great I have a dealer that would do that, they went above and beyond. I'm curios if anyone has any insight or similar problems like this? I love the truck, now that I've fixed the Sync issues, and I've been bleeding Ford blue for over 20yrs. If this is how Ford handles loyal customers I'm going to have to spend my money elsewhere plain and simple. As far as my Sync problems go, as I'm sure some folks are wondering, it would shut itself off for hours at a time for "routine maintenance" I even got Microsoft Error messages on a regular basis. A guy spends 50k he doesn't get that in that frequency. Occasionally sure, we pay a price for fancy bells and whistles but multiple times a day, not weekly but daily is inexcusable. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:02 PM
for fastening fabric

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

So what's the difference between the XLT part and Platinum part?

Which part is it?
Old 01-31-2016, 05:11 PM

***** are vastly different for one, for lack of a better comparison picture all season tires as to knobby mud tires. Also I didn't realize it isn't just a **** fix, the whole center stack panel has to come out and be replaced and they don't offer the same wood grain or trim. In other words the entire center stack won't match anything else in the truck. That's inexcusable.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:19 PM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

I find it hard to believe that a vehicle produced in such massive numbers doesn't have parts. Makes me think your service department doesn't know the correct part to order, rather than that part not existing.

I have a 2013 platinum also, haven't had a single issue with it.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:45 PM

Even the Sync? My dealer said it may be a cataloging problem, they ordered the part 3 times and every time the wrong part came in. They asked me to hold off for 2wks to call Ford with the big WTF because what they did to remedy the situation wasn't exactly in the warranty work playbook and didn't want Ford to deny their bill or whatever so they can get paid for this. I understand that problem and I hope they're right, I love the truck but this things going bye bye if they can't supply the parts I paid extra money for in the first place.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:39 PM
for fastening fabric

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

I highly doubt that ford would discontinue parts on a pickup that new, and further that the pickup would require an entire new center stack, including trim, for a switch.

Something's fishy, and it's not long john silver's this time.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:44 PM

Did you try looking up the part online? Looks like a center stack to me. Nor have I found any kind of options for them like Lariat or Platinum and 2 different dealers have told me the same. But hey, what do I know. I'm just the guy dealing with the problem.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:44 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Is this what your controls look like?

Name:  image-1491257984.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  325.5 KB

If do, you dint have to replace the whole stack, you do have to take it out to swap out the control parts though. I swapped mine out last year for one with a defroster.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:47 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

It may look like this, which I believe you also can swap them out.

2013 Platinum heater controls-image-2230593095.jpg

Quick Reply: 2013 Platinum heater controls