Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FX2 vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 FX2 vibration

I have a new FX2 ecoboost that has a Vibration at 20-25 and 39-44 mph. Dealer says they all do it and it will go away by 5k. Can anybody confirm this?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by gargin
I have a new FX2 ecoboost that has a Vibration at 20-25 and 39-44 mph. Dealer says they all do it and it will go away by 5k. Can anybody confirm this?

I think your gonna find out it is normal. My 13 did it at various speeds, sometimes at 30 and others at 50, mine seemed worse in winter than summer. take it in an get driveshaft looked at. I bet it is not balanced correctly.

Last edited by Truck owner; 01-04-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Truck owner
I think your gonna find out it is normal. My 13 did it at various speeds, sometimes at 30 and others at 50, mine seemed worse in winter than summer. take it in an get driveshaft looked at. I bet it is not balanced correctly.
Thanks. I'll suggest that to the dealer. I'm suprised that it appears to be a common problem.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:15 AM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

My 13 fx4 was brutal for vibrating from the day I drove it off the lot. Only at highway speeds though. Took it to the dealer. Re-balanced all for tires and I was good to go.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rheimy
My 13 fx4 was brutal for vibrating from the day I drove it off the lot. Only at highway speeds though. Took it to the dealer. Re-balanced all for tires and I was good to go.
They've balanced the tires and that helped my high speed vibration but the lower speed problems remain. I can't wrap my mind around their statement that it will go away soon but I'll be patient and give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:42 PM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

They've balanced the tires and that helped my high speed vibration but the lower speed problems remain. I can't wrap my mind around their statement that it will go away soon but I'll be patient and give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

if your tires are balanced and it still vibrates it might still be driveshaft.. couldn't hurt to ask the at least grease it just to see if it helps smooth it out. There not going to pull and send off to balance, no way. But the grease part I think had a tsb,, something about slip yoke needing grease..
Old 01-05-2014, 09:45 AM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Yeah, that seems like a load of crap to me, but I am certainly no mechanic. Not sure if you have other dealers in your area, but maybe it is worth a drive to another one if you can't get satisfaction from your current dealership??
Good luck.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:46 PM

I might expect some common issues on the first year of a redesign but a 13 is pretty mature and this type of problem should be the exception not the expectation.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Keep me in the loop, gargin. If you'd like me to step in and do what I can to help, send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll research ways to assist.

Crystal
The following users liked this post:
USMC-FX2 (01-27-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 05:11 PM

Hi Crystal. I was contacted by Sonia and she arranged for me to take my truck to another dealership (The selling dealership did not drive it, only stated they all vibrate at those speeds) The Service Manager and I drove my truck and another new truck. I did not feel the vibration in the new truck, he reported he felt none in either. I really feel the problem is flat spotted tires from sitting on the lot for five or six months before I purchased it. I replied to Sonia five days ago to that effect but have not heard from her since that reply. Does this mean that Ford has closed the book on my case?

Quick Reply: 2013 FX2 vibration