Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FX2 Rear Door Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2013 FX2 Rear Door Replacement

I have a 2013 FX2 with a huge scratch on the right rear door that has developed into full-blown rust under the paint. The body shop is quoting me 3k to replace the door skin and repaint it.

I found a similar FX2 white that is being totaled out, with no frame damage or impact to the rear door and the exact same color. Was wondering if I can just unscrew one door and bolt on the new door (overly simplified). I know there may be some wiring to plug/unplug but didnt know if there was any significant problem with codes or errors that are specific to the other truck that would prevent it from working on mine.

Old 03-03-2023, 03:45 PM

Received 544 Likes on 451 Posts

should be plug and play, the rear doors only have window controls regardless of trim package.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:51 PM

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,726 Posts

That's not true, there's a lot of wires in a SCREW rear door. Locks, speakers. I think it's 10 or more wires in an FX.

I think an FX should have the connector at the B pillar. That would make it easier to swap. On lower trims the wires go all the way into the pillar and I'm not sure how that works.
Old 03-06-2023, 09:16 AM

Received 544 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiky
That's not true, there's a lot of wires in a SCREW rear door. Locks, speakers. I think it's 10 or more wires in an FX.

I think an FX should have the connector at the B pillar. That would make it easier to swap. On lower trims the wires go all the way into the pillar and I'm not sure how that works.
OP mentioned similar equipped FX - reason for plug and play comment
Old 03-06-2023, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rancehood
I have a 2013 FX2 with a huge scratch on the right rear door that has developed into full-blown rust under the paint. The body shop is quoting me 3k to replace the door skin and repaint it.

I found a similar FX2 white that is being totaled out, with no frame damage or impact to the rear door and the exact same color. Was wondering if I can just unscrew one door and bolt on the new door (overly simplified). I know there may be some wiring to plug/unplug but didnt know if there was any significant problem with codes or errors that are specific to the other truck that would prevent it from working on mine.

So I found out that the 2013 FX2 does NOT have a plug-and-play wiring harness plug at the door hinge. The wires run all the way to their mount points to each of the accessories within the door itself. I was able to remove the door panel and unplug each accessory and feed it back through he gromet at the hinge. Mount the new door and feed them back to each of the accessories. So it was somewhat plug-and-play but way more involved than I originally expected.
Old 03-06-2023, 01:11 PM

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,726 Posts

Guess it must be the 402a package that adds the connector. Good that you figured it out.

Quick Reply: 2013 FX2 Rear Door Replacement