Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012's? Do they shutter, Leak and have Sync issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

Default 2012's? Do they shutter, Leak and have Sync issues?

I have a 2012 coming early next week and wanted to see if any 2012 owners are having any of the common problems I have read about, the 3 brake light leads, Sync issues and most importantly the shutter, IC condensation, transmission problems and paint issues? I was wondering if they have been worked out especially since they put so many quality holds on most of the F150 since February. I just want a heads up for things I may need to look for and inspect when my truck comes in. I know the warranty will take care of these issues, but when you are at the bargaining table before you sign the papers, it may help to show your discomfort with issues that still haven't been corrected and look for some discounting of issues you may find.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:05 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

these problems are not really as common as you think, it only seems like a common problem because most people come to this forum with a problem looking for help, I guarantee you there are millions of 150s out there without these problems.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my 2012 fx4 crewcab for three weeks now and I have to say it has been awesome. I traded a 2010 fx4 with every problem you mentioned and then some. I couldn't be happier, the 5.0 has so much more pep than the 5.4 it's no comparison, the transmission has been very smooth no shutter. Just the whole truck feels better to me. I hope you are as happy as I am, $50,000 is a lot to spend on a truck but my other truck wasn't paid off and I was paying on something I wasn't happy with so it makes it easier to pay for something when you love it.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:10 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

The only issues I have with my 2012 FX4 Ecoboost are:

1. The E-brake doesn't release correctly and I have to push the pedal up with my foot to get the warning to turn off.
2. The MPG sucks. It seemed better before I had it flashed to the latest calibration.
3. The transmission and TC lockup programming is not very refined.

Otherwise the truck drives excellent. Super quiet, good power and I've had no Sync issues on my navigation equipped truck.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:24 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

Thanks for the info guys! Sultangris, I agree with what you are saying! I realize it is far and few but they are concerning issues for those dealing with them and I just wanted to make sure they have been resolved in the 2012 models. I know I really loved the test drive, the dealer just gave me the truck and said, Go have fun, so I did. I never considered any other truck other than the Ford. I traded a 2010 Nissan Frontier due mostly to not having local dealer locations and went directly to Ford. I have only owned 2 different trucks, Fords and Nissans and wanted a full size truck so it was a no brainer! I loved the comfort, quiet, looks and the Power! I am sure I will be happy with it but just wanted the heads up if there were issues! Unixadm, I hope the dealer get those issues dealt with, I can tell you that little (in comparison) Nissan didn't get to good of MPG either 15 to 17 and I mostly drive highway miles, so moving up to a truck that solves all my needs and wants and MAY / SHOULD get better MPG is fantastic!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Deer Slayer

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I posted a thread recently expressing worries with my new 2012. As stated earlier you will read a lot of negative things because people come to these forums more or less to get answers rather than to just join to simPly rave about their trucks. As with anything that is mass produced there will be quality control issues. Just drive your truck and enjoy it. Only things you can prevent are issues like leaking third brake light. I am going to use rtv to seal mine just to be safe. Other than that all else is out of our control. And in response to above post about mpg complaint. Most will say you won't see optimum mpg until engine is well broken in.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:11 PM

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a 09 crew cab and had zero problems with it...the sync would act up from time to time, but the sync acts up in every ford we've owned. I now have a '12 crew cab and so far it's been great. The sync still messes up every now and then but that doesn't bother me.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Don't worry brother, the truck will be fine. Hop in and enjoy. Your correct, if anything goes wrong the dealer will fix you right up. Post pics when you get it home.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2012 FX4 here, no probs... the truck is perfect. Yours will be too!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:13 PM

Received 1,631 Likes on 918 Posts

'12 FX4 Screw 5.5 here. No probs yet. Just drive and enjoy. If anything goes south, get it fixed and return to driving and enjoying.

Quick Reply: 2012's? Do they shutter, Leak and have Sync issues?