Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 XLT SuperCrew Offroad - Mileage Expectation?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2012 XLT SuperCrew Offroad - Mileage Expectation?

So the new truck bug has bit me, and I'm trying to fend it off.

I have a 2012 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Offroad with the V8 and 3.73 axle. It has 162K miles on it, and I'm starting to ponder how many miles I should try to get out of it.

It's a daily commuter and our family car. (This was not what I expected when I bought it, but honestly I love it more than I thought I would when I moved to it from an older 5-series.)

Anyway, I've been taking good care of it...taking it to the dealership even though I know some will say that's excessive, they've always treated me well...giving me loaners when they needed to keep the truck and I do any preventative maintenance they recommend.

On average, I've spent $1800/yr on maintenance of any kind. Max was a year where I spent $2,800.

I just passed inspection, but soon will need new tires, new front brakes and rotors, and my rear taillight lens is broken (but taillight works)...

The truck drives pretty nice, but I've noticed it shuttering a bit when it shifts sometimes (more than normal) and I've also had the radio ***POP*** and turn off a few times in the last month, but then works fine after a restart.

ALL THIS TO ASK....

Generally, how many miles should I consider to be good for this F150 when I want/need it to be reliable and safe. I know it's a generalization, but curious what others have experienced.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-13-2019, 12:10 AM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I've got 185,000 on my 2011 4x4 crew cab. I'm not easy on it but like you I've done all preventative maintenance since new and I wouldn't think twice about loading the family and hooking up the camper and going anywhere. I plan on getting 300K plus outta this thing.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by cmbowles25
I've got 185,000 on my 2011 4x4 crew cab. I'm not easy on it but like you I've done all preventative maintenance since new and I wouldn't think twice about loading the family and hooking up the camper and going anywhere. I plan on getting 300K plus outta this thing.
Thanks for the response. I had another thread asking about the new safety technology and it doesn't appear to be super awesome yet... So that definitely makes the decision easier.

Now which AT tires to get. Keep going back and forth between General Grabber ATX, Revo 3, KO2, and the Continental TerrainContact. I have the Michelin AT2 now, and they've been decent...
Old 04-13-2019, 12:33 AM

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,725 Posts

You're probably half way through its life. And you should look at Falken Wildpeak AT3W.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:30 PM
How's she goin' eh?

Received 588 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Vaaccess
Thanks for the response. I had another thread asking about the new safety technology and it doesn't appear to be super awesome yet... So that definitely makes the decision easier.

Now which AT tires to get. Keep going back and forth between General Grabber ATX, Revo 3, KO2, and the Continental TerrainContact. I have the Michelin AT2 now, and they've been decent...
i went with the coopers on mine, I love em. Quiet and don’t wear much
Old 04-13-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by M0RRIS
i went with the coopers on mine, I love em. Quiet and don’t wear much
Which Coopers?

I’ve been trying to find good ways to evaluate them and found this on the Continental website. Not sure how I feel about CR and wish it had more tires tested...pondering getting a subscription. Tirerack is certainly nice but I wish they had more controlled tests versus just what users report...
https://www.continentaltire.com/site...ainContact.pdf
Old 04-13-2019, 04:54 PM
How's she goin' eh?

Received 588 Likes on 488 Posts

Discoverer ATP’s. Ordered at discounttire.com, mounted at discount tire.
The following users liked this post:
Discount Tire (04-16-2019)

Quick Reply: 2012 XLT SuperCrew Offroad - Mileage Expectation?