Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 fx grilles

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2012 fx grilles

A while ago i posted up a issue i had with my grille. The lower plastic of it had cracked underneath.

Ford agreed to replace it, now the problem is getting it. They told me its back ordered till jan 23. Its also been a month now on top of that. So reading motor trend truck of the year article, the 2012 has a differently painted grille. The bars are gloss black instead of a matching paint flat. I guess im asking what are my chances i go in a little mad about it and tell them i want the grille painted like a 2012? Id love to pull that off.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:33 AM

Received 130 Likes on 90 Posts

Tell them you'll pay the difference in price between yours and the new one and I bet they'll work with you.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Love Turbo V6 & Coyote V8

Received 83 Likes on 49 Posts

Good luck I would ask, the worse thing they can say is no. It does look great but from picutures I have seen online, I only noticed the painted grill on the fx trucks that have the new FX appearance package. The regular FX trucks have the normal black grill.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:39 PM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by fx4f-150
A while ago i posted up a issue i had with my grille. The lower plastic of it had cracked underneath.

Ford agreed to replace it, now the problem is getting it. They told me its back ordered till jan 23. Its also been a month now on top of that. So reading motor trend truck of the year article, the 2012 has a differently painted grille. The bars are gloss black instead of a matching paint flat. I guess im asking what are my chances i go in a little mad about it and tell them i want the grille painted like a 2012? Id love to pull that off.
How long had u had ur truck before u noticed the crack? Did u talk to ur dealership of ford service? I finally got to wash my truck couple weeks ago and notice the frame of grille, on the bottom portion, has a crack through it, snd it appears to b where the frame screws to the metal mounting bracket behind it. Haven't called dealership yet, but afraid they will tell me it's not there problem, even though it the only damage there do it can't b from anything else other than poor installation.

Quick Reply: 2012 fx grilles