Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 EB Windshield Delamination

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Problem Solver

Received 358 Likes on 262 Posts

I got my new truck in May, and have had only very minor issues. However, some trim pieces had broken (never noticed) and the dealer was going to replace them under warranty.

After dropping it off for the day so they could take pics and submit it, i assumed all was well. However I picked it up that afternoon to find my windshield had a "orange peel" texture in it! Everything was distorted and blurry when sitting in the truck looking out. The dealer tried washing it, using glass cleaner, to no avail.

They took pics, had the tech look, asked the mechs if anything had happened. Nobody had ever seen anything like it before. So, I ask you guys, what the hell happened? Any ideas, or even a guess? I'm really **** about my glass and I know there is no way I missed it earlier in the day before dropping it off. I mean, I noticed it immediately when picking it up, so I really doubt I didn't notice that morning. Ford is replacing it under warranty, but I'm lost as how it was perfectly clear...and 6 hours later its delaminating. Ideas?

Pics coming soon!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Problem Solver

Received 358 Likes on 262 Posts

Nothing, gotcha.

Dealer is replacing it tomorrow under warranty. Its basically orange peel, distorting the visibility, between the panes of glass.

No clue how, no clue why.

Quick Reply: 2012 EB Windshield Delamination