Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 3.5L EcoBoost Screw - Rough at cold temps/rear end clunk?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Mif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2012 3.5L EcoBoost Screw - Rough at cold temps/rear end clunk?

I just picked up a 2102 Screw with the 3.5L Ecoboost. I am new to these turbo motors, but I have been noticing a few small issues that are bugging the crap out of me.

The biggest is that sometimes when the truck is cold, such as the mornings after it has sat all night. I will start it up, and begin to head out of my neighborhood. One one of the first few Stop signs/turns, I will go to hit the throttle, and there will be a very noticable delay in power, 2-3 seconds, before it bucks and takes off.

It will typically do this once or twice when it is cold, occasionally more. I get the feeling that sometimes when I go to throttle on a turn I will get this odd feeling that the truck is delaying or starving a bit before it takes off.

I also feel like possibly something in the rear end is sticking or clunking. It is noticable when you are slow rolling in stop and go traffic, or slowly coming to a stop, where it will sort of clunk or stick in the rear end.

Any suggestions? I took it to the dealer for these issues and they updated the computer, but I don't see a difference.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:08 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mif
I just picked up a 2102 Screw with the 3.5L Ecoboost. I am new to these turbo motors, but I have been noticing a few small issues that are bugging the crap out of me.

The biggest is that sometimes when the truck is cold, such as the mornings after it has sat all night. I will start it up, and begin to head out of my neighborhood. One one of the first few Stop signs/turns, I will go to hit the throttle, and there will be a very noticable delay in power, 2-3 seconds, before it bucks and takes off.

It will typically do this once or twice when it is cold, occasionally more. I get the feeling that sometimes when I go to throttle on a turn I will get this odd feeling that the truck is delaying or starving a bit before it takes off.

I also feel like possibly something in the rear end is sticking or clunking. It is noticable when you are slow rolling in stop and go traffic, or slowly coming to a stop, where it will sort of clunk or stick in the rear end.

Any suggestions? I took it to the dealer for these issues and they updated the computer, but I don't see a difference.
If the slick yoke needs grease it will do that.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2012 Ford F-150 Eco Boost. Clunk when starting out from stop

Originally Posted by Loki 5.0
If the slick yoke needs grease it will do that.
Is this something that would be covered under the warranty? If the slip yoke needs grease, is this just a regular maintenance thing? My Ford only has 32,800 miles on it.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:22 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Just do it yourself, it's easy.

Try the throttle relearn and see if that fixes your throttle issue. Both of these problems have been answered/discussed numerous times before.

Quick Reply: 2012 3.5L EcoBoost Screw - Rough at cold temps/rear end clunk?