Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011sticky e-steering

Old 10-26-2011, 08:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default 2011sticky e-steering

From time to time, usually during a gradual bend in the road going left, my steering seems to hang up momentarily. Some times it will happen changing lanes gradually. Never notice anything when making sharper/harder turns and happens pretty infrequently, certainly not every day. It's like it gets stuck slightly and takes a little extra force to get it over rather than a smooth linear rotation on the wheel. Never felt dangerous, but my kid was driving the other day and made the comment that it had happened a number of times during our trip so I know it's not just my imagination.

Anyone else ever experience this?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenScrew
From time to time, usually during a gradual bend in the road going left, my steering seems to hang up momentarily. Some times it will happen changing lanes gradually. Never notice anything when making sharper/harder turns and happens pretty infrequently, certainly not every day. It's like it gets stuck slightly and takes a little extra force to get it over rather than a smooth linear rotation on the wheel. Never felt dangerous, but my kid was driving the other day and made the comment that it had happened a number of times during our trip so I know it's not just my imagination.

There is a whole thread on this. It's pretty common. Do a quick search
Old 10-26-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

I had this as well. It seems to have worked itself out. Either that or I'm used to it!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fordjamie

There is a whole thread on this. It's pretty common. Do a quick search
Initially I felt bad that I didn't to a search first but considering that I check the forum on a daily basis didn't figure I would have missed this. I just did a 'quick' search for "steering" in the title and didn't find any subjects that appeared remotely related. You could at least throw a guy a bone and suggest what I should search for if your aware of a thread on this common problem? I'd actually appreciate that!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this problem too. I took it in to the dealer, but they could not recreate. They replaced the steering rack anyway...said there was a TSB. It took about 5 hours to do the job.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 PM

Received 167 Likes on 103 Posts

Tsb 11-8-18

lack of steering wheel returnability or varying efforts on left hand turns—built on or before 06/29/2011 (dtp) or 7/11/2011 (kcap)

here.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Initially I felt bad that I didn't to a search first but considering that I check the forum on a daily basis didn't figure I would have missed this. I just did a 'quick' search for "steering" in the title and didn't find any subjects that appeared remotely related. You could at least throw a guy a bone and suggest what I should search for if your aware of a thread on this common problem? I'd actually appreciate that!
I wasn't meaning it to be a dick. I knew there was a problem I told you about. Sorry I didnt do enough work for you.

Search this Thread