Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 ford f150 front bumper rusting

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 ford f150 front bumper rusting

I have a 4 month old Ford F150 XLT ecoboost with the front bumper rusting!!!
I have taken it to the ford dealer and they have refused to fix it, is anyone else having this problem? Here is a link to a video I posted on youtube.

I would like to know if anyone else is having this same problem.

Thanks
Tony
The following users liked this post:
gsean.oneill (12-10-2012)
Old 12-27-2011, 09:16 PM
NOM NOM NOM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

That sucks. It's sad that it's a sign of the times, every thing is so expensive, yet built like complete crap.
I guess the bumper is only designed to last a few years before it rots through.

I'd say take it and have the inside painted, but should you have to do that with a new $50,000 truck???? no.....
Old 12-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Canuck with a truck

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

That really sucks, go to another dealer and see if they will do anything, if not you can always talk to ford directly, IMO a rusting bumper on a 5 year old truck is unacceptable let alone one that's 4 months old.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like surface oxidization, not rust through.

As for the lack of maintenance comment, where in the manual does Ford detail bumper maintenance??

The dealer is yanking your chain if they actually said that.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is what Ford replied with when I contacted them

Dear Anthony,
My name is Marnelli from the Ford Customer Relationship Center and I have received your email regarding your inquiry on why the warranty claim on your 2011 Ford F-150 has been denied.
I am truly sorry to hear that your warranty claim has been denied. I have personally checked and verified our records and see that according to the Digital Imaging's decision, the corrosion found on your vehicle may be due to the lack of maintenance or from stone impacts. The reasons stated by the Digital Imaging are not covered under warranty. Also, the backside of the bumper is lightly chrome plated. It also has a protective coating that reduces, but does not eliminate environmental exposure. Likewise, corrosion on the backside of the bumper is not warrantable.
I am sorry to be the bearer of this decision, however, the decision has been made and I as a CRC Representative cannot alter this.
Again, I am sorry if I cannot offer any alternate response that would be amicable to your satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Sincerely,
Marnelli
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
Old 12-28-2011, 08:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hard to tell from the photos if it is just surface rust or worse. Who knows if the front bumper was submerged in standing water before you got it or what? In any event it should not be there on a new truck. If this is the selling dealer then take it straight to management and give them opportunity to make it right. If no solution then contact Ford.

To this day Ford has absolutely no comprehension at all, about how much in sales they are losing because of crooked dishonest dealers. That is the “norm” for Houston and Ford does not get it. If Ford was actually “in touch” with its customers, they would know. For Sure; I could tell you a few hundred stories on events just like that one in this Town.

The most recent was my “previous selling dealer” attempting to sell me as “new” 2011 F150 5.0 Screw that had been on a dealers lot for ONE year, directly on the Gulf Coast – two hundred miles from me. Not only did the truck have 400 miles on it and a dead battery, but worse of all it was completely eaten up in rust! And yet they were attempting to sell it as “new”.

15 years ago I had a Toyota Van with Dual giant size moon roofs. A great van with zero trouble except around 98,000 miles it developed rust in the roof. After three repair attempts by the dealer (and they did work hard on it) over a one year period the rust kept coming back (they even replaced the entire roof panels). After the third attempt, I contacted Toyota directly. With just ONE phone call to Toyota, they quickly contacted the dealer. The dealer quickly confirmed that what I said was true. The Very Next Day, Toyota called me back and told me to purchase any Toyota I wanted at any dealer I wanted, and after completion of the sale, they would send me a check for 1,000. Needless to say that check was in my hand in less than TWO weeks.

There were two things required to make that happen. 1. An honest car dealer. 2. A manufacture willing to stand behind the product. If the car dealer is dishonest, then it is unlikely the manufacture will provide any assistance at all. Dishonest car dealers have a tendency to cover their butts first, even at the expense of their own customer and with Ford’s distribution mechanism in Houston they are completely clueless.
Good Luck, hope it gets resolved.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:47 AM

Received 125 Likes on 114 Posts

that should be covered under the perferation part of the warranty because its rusty from the inside out. i would take it to another dealer.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Received 107 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by vantagecs
Dear Anthony,
My name is Marnelli from the Ford Customer Relationship Center and I have received your email regarding your inquiry on why the warranty claim on your 2011 Ford F-150 has been denied.
I am truly sorry to hear that your warranty claim has been denied. I have personally checked and verified our records and see that according to the Digital Imaging's decision, the corrosion found on your vehicle may be due to the lack of maintenance or from stone impacts. The reasons stated by the Digital Imaging are not covered under warranty. Also, the backside of the bumper is lightly chrome plated. It also has a protective coating that reduces, but does not eliminate environmental exposure. Likewise, corrosion on the backside of the bumper is not warrantable.
I am sorry to be the bearer of this decision, however, the decision has been made and I as a CRC Representative cannot alter this.
Again, I am sorry if I cannot offer any alternate response that would be amicable to your satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Sincerely,
Marnelli
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
This little letter on this site could cost them millions in sales. Maybe they should wake up. I wonder if they monitor this site?
Old 12-28-2011, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vantagecs
I have a 4 month old Ford F150 XLT ecoboost with the front bumper rusting!!!
I have taken it to the ford dealer and they have refused to fix it, is anyone else having this problem? Here is a link to a video I posted on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGsxXWsz9Q

I would like to know if anyone else is having this same problem.

Thanks
Tony
I dont know but Im going to look,have an 2011 STX I brought last month,If I hav the same thing Ill clean it up and paint over with por15

Quick Reply: 2011 ford f150 front bumper rusting