Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F150 King Ranch with 5.0L flex dreaded P0300 codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 F150 King Ranch with 5.0L flex dreaded P0300 codes

Hi all. New here. I have a F150 KR with the 5 liter V8, just under 130,00 miles. Last week I was left stranded on the road when my truck just died. Got a CEL and other displays, (service wrench for Advancetrak and oil light). Managed to limp it home with the engine barely able to run and the transmission slipping. Checked oil, filters and wiring, hoses etc. Pulled codes and I had 3 P0300 codes and 2 codes related to a lean bank but don't remember exactly. (I think it was bank 2 sensor 1). Called my mobile guy and we decided to start with plugs and I opted to do the coil packs also. Upon start up it was running very rough but after about 3 minutes it smoothed out. Ran with diagnostics hooked up for about a half hour and then through a 10 minute test drive and it was really running good. No codes re-appeared and all looked well. I later attempted to go to the corner store and upon startup it had the same exact issue. Missing and quickly threw 3 P0300 codes. My guy came back today and ran a running test and looks like the oil pressure was low but it would then raise and the motor would smooth out. He's wanting to replace the oil pump and also now do timing chain and tensioner too. I just spent a bunch on the previous tune up and am wondering if I need to get a second opinion. I have read where oil pressure issues can cause a P0300. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter. Will appreciate your help
Old 03-12-2024, 09:50 PM

Received 2,104 Likes on 1,727 Posts

All sorts of things can cause random issues like this. Would be really hard for the internet to guess correctly. I had similar issues dealing with my Pedal Commander recently, ended up removing it. So, mine was essentially the throttle causing misfires. Lots of the computerization/sensors can cause misfire and rough running.

If he put a real gauge on to check pressure and has diagnosed a problem, it's hard to go against that. The truck doesn't have one, so he'd have to set that up.

Timing is not a common problem on the 5.0, but obviously it could happen to any engine.
The following users liked this post:
Bazwah (03-13-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiky
All sorts of things can cause random issues like this. Would be really hard for the internet to guess correctly. I had similar issues dealing with my Pedal Commander recently, ended up removing it. So, mine was essentially the throttle causing misfires. Lots of the computerization/sensors can cause misfire and rough running.

If he put a real gauge on to check pressure and has diagnosed a problem, it's hard to go against that. The truck doesn't have one, so he'd have to set that up.

Timing is not a common problem on the 5.0, but obviously it could happen to any engine.
Thanks for your reply. I'm getting a tow to the local dealer to get a diagnostic. Will check back in.

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 King Ranch with 5.0L flex dreaded P0300 codes