Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Daystar 2" Leveling??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Daystar 2" Leveling??

I just picked up my kit and opened it to take a look. When I looked at the spacer it looked a little small, so I measured it and it measured 1". So i talked to the place I purchased it from and they called Daystar as well, both of them confirmed that this was the correct thickness (1") of the spacer to achieve the 2" level of the truck.

I am confused a bit, how does the 1" spacer give 2" of lift? I compared the Daystar poly to the Ready lift metal kit and the Ready lift was 2".

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 11:41 PM

Same happened to my previous truck. 1" spacer gave me 2" lift, but not sure why!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

The amount of lift is compounded by the lower control arm. a 1.5 inch spacer is a 3 inch level, 1.25 is a 2.5 inch level, and a 1 inch comes out to 2 inches of lift
Old 08-23-2011, 12:13 AM
SS..DD

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by mczero6
I just picked up my kit and opened it to take a look. When I looked at the spacer it looked a little small, so I measured it and it measured 1". So i talked to the place I purchased it from and they called Daystar as well, both of them confirmed that this was the correct thickness (1") of the spacer to achieve the 2" level of the truck.

I am confused a bit, how does the 1" spacer give 2" of lift? I compared the Daystar poly to the Ready lift metal kit and the Ready lift was 2".

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Want to hear something even better? Since I read this post I'll comment on what my 1" Budget Boost from Daystar measured.... 1.25".. Now that's a riot, my 1" measures taller than your 2".

I didn't put it on, but wanted to share. I too called Daystar and asked why a 1" level measured MORE than 1". All I got was 'that's the way they cut them, not sure why'.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:18 AM

That is exactly what I was told. The representative was not able to elaborate on the "why" but just that it works.

Thanks for all the help, fellas!

Cj
Old 08-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Master Gunner

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts

I'm not going to comment on DDA's hypothesis that his not-yet-installed shorter spacer provides more lift than your taller spacer, but it's all trigonometry gents (the study of triangles and the relationships between their sides and the angles between these sides).

I won't go into a teaching lecture about it, as I'm sure I may confuse you just the same, so research it, study up on it, or just enjoy the ride and accept that it works!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:44 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I also have the Daystar kit and am going to put it on this weekend. My concern is that there are no torque specs in the instructions. It just says to torque to OEM specifications. Does anyone have this information for our trucks (2011) or most of you just tightening the ***** out of everything?

Never mind. I found the specs on the Hell Bent web site. Too bad Day Star doesn't include this info in the instruction pack like others do.

Last edited by doug77house; 08-23-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:37 PM
SS..DD

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Augster
I'm not going to comment on DDA's hypothesis that his not-yet-installed shorter spacer provides more lift than your taller spacer, but it's all trigonometry gents (the study of triangles and the relationships between their sides and the angles between these sides).

I won't go into a teaching lecture about it, as I'm sure I may confuse you just the same, so research it, study up on it, or just enjoy the ride and accept that it works!

To clarify I have no idea what actual lift it would give -- just that the physical thickness of 1.25" is kind of odd since it is advertised to give a 1" boost. I understand that the spacer due to geometry will lift more than the actual thickness, but very puzzling to me why his 2" spacer is thinner than my 1" boost level kit.

I don't plan to install as I picked up a pretty cheap Readylift 2" kit, but pulling that this weekend to put in some rancho quicklifts 9000xl on the front and 9000xl on the rear.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by mczero6

Any thoughts?

Thanks

The Daystar 1" spacer gives a nearly perfect 2" level
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Daystar 2" Leveling??-img_0692.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2011, 12:27 AM

I agree, I just finished mine and will post pics soon, The only complaint I have with the kit is, I had to cut the top stud bolts to get the adapter to attach properly. But other that that, it is real nice! Rides the same and is exactly level! BAD A..

Cj

Quick Reply: 2011 Daystar 2" Leveling??