Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011/12 SYNC problem updates?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011/12 SYNC problem updates?

I know there are a ton of threads on SYNC problems but didn't find anything newer than July 11.

My 2011 running 3.2.2 works great right after I sync my phone, then starts intermittently not recognizing my phone, then stop recognizing it completely, then the gal won't even talk to me.

Of course, I can go through a complete reinitialization with my phone and it works again, for a bit, lather rinse and repeat!

Any news from anyone on this?

__________________________________________________ ______________

Reminds me a lot of the wife when I've done something wrong or forgot to do something right.

Starts ignoring me intermittently, then completely, then won't even talk to me.

Of course, you can't do the "what's wrong honey?" with SYNC and get the typical "NOTHING" response like you do with the wife only to eventually find out later after whatever your designated penalty box time is what is really bothering her . . .

At this point, I'd take that as a sign of progress with this SYNC system . . .
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a PITA. I get tired of having to pull that damn fuse out to reset it. It always happens when I want to listen to a certain song it seems...
Old 02-28-2012, 05:09 PM

In for service today so I asked them to look at it. Since the tech was able to sync his phone and it worked they no fault found it then suggested it might be my phone.

I told them when I picked it up that I can re-re-re-re-resync my phone and it will work fine for about a week, then will intermittently not work, then will stop working all together, then the sync gal won't even talk to me. No response at all.

What the tech did was a waste of time . . .
Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 PM

Sync is one of my least favorite things on my new truck. It had so much potential, but someone in the QA and development departments really dropped the ball.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Nathan

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by devilized
Sync is one of my least favorite things on my new truck. It had so much potential, but someone in the QA and development departments really dropped the ball.
+1
Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Just curious - do you have an Android OS-based phone? I had an HTC Incredible that did the same thing: it would disconnect for no apparent reason. Turned out the problem was the phone. My cellular provider told me they had lots of complaints with the android phones, although I have a feeling there will be plenty of others who have had no problem.

Problem was solved when I went back to a Blackberry. Wife's iPhone 4S stays synced without problem, too.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:30 AM

No, I've got a no frills LG VX5600.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 AM

check google for TSB 12-1-16 to fix the intermittent sync voice command. They applied this fix on mine when I had the other sync TSB done.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:13 AM

Received 242 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by devilized
Beleive ir or not sync is one of the better hands free systems. I've tried others such as dodge and it made me want to rip out my hair.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by ReSQDiVER
check google for TSB 12-1-16 to fix the intermittent sync voice command. They applied this fix on mine when I had the other sync TSB done.
Thanks, do you recall what the other TSB does? I haven't had any sync TSBs done.

Like I said, the tech just sync'd his phone and it worked so he "no fault found" it. Complete waste of time. It works right after you add your phone in [again].

Perhaps I need both TSBs done?

Quick Reply: 2011/12 SYNC problem updates?