Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Lariat Seat Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:42 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Default 2010 Lariat Seat Wiring Question

I recently had to have my lower seat bottom cover swapped out at my dealership because the leather was cracking and starting to wear already. Got the truck back and initially everything seemed to be okay, but upon cleaning under the seat I noticed that the wiring harness that comes up through the floor has had the loom torn and the violet and violet/org wires have been sliced almost all the way trough.
Seems as though the seat was dropped on the harness or something was stuffed into the track and tore the loom open, either way is bad.

Bottom line:
I was wondering if anyone knew what the Violet and Violet/Orange stripe wires do so I know what to look for when it finally breaks. I really want to avoid taking it in to have them hack it up if at all possible.
I do have the climate control seats w/the heat/ac option and memory.
Thanks in advance
Old 05-13-2011, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I would take it back to the dealer and insist that they replace the wiring harnes for the seat, or what ever component is affected by said cuts in the wiring. No point in waiting on something to break or worse yet wait on it to short out and burn the truck.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:29 PM

At this point I'd rather they not take any more of my truck apart, that is the main body wiring harness as I understand, and would require the removal of almost the whole interior.
^Not happening if they cant even handle taking a seat out without tearing something.

Service manager said all he could do was to have them cut the wires and butt-splice/heat shrink the wires in.
Since I am still well below my 3yr 36k warranty, also not liking anyone cutting the harness, I instead opt-ed to just wrap the wire so nothing would contact anything, then wrapped where the loom was torn with electrical tape.

All seat functions work fine, memory works fine. I'm just curious as to what to look for if/when they break finally
Old 05-13-2011, 11:30 PM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

Thanks for reminding me of why I don't really care about a few wrinkles on my leather seat bottom. Good luck with it though.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:35 PM

Mine started the same way lol. I too was surprised it got approved for warranty replacement, it was just little bit of peeling. But it pissed me off enough every time I looked at it (esp on a truck less than yr old/7k mi) that I just said to go for it and order the replacement...after all this trouble seems as though I should have waited haha
Old 05-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnapps53
Personally I would take it back to the dealer and insist that they replace the wiring harnes for the seat, or what ever component is affected by said cuts in the wiring. No point in waiting on something to break or worse yet wait on it to short out and burn the truck.
Me also.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VIO/ORG is either "recline down" or "adjustable pedal forward" or CAN- depending on which module it goes to under the seat. VIO is the cushion butt warmer sensor.

Trending Topics

Old 05-14-2011, 12:47 PM

The main reason I noticed this little tear was because the tech re-routed the wires differently than they came from factory, I noticed there was a wire jutting out of the front of the seat (since the harness just got jammed up into the side of the track).

Seeing as how "careful" my dealership is on quality control I do not feel comfortable having them tear apart such a new truck. Being under 10k miles I feel my best option is to tape the worst ripped wire best i can, and re-wrap the harness from the floor to the seat in tape.
Maybe when im closer to the 36k mark I will have them do the butt-splice business the manager was talking about, but again my faith is pretty much lost for that, let alone them tearing a main body wiring harness out and putting it back with no mistakes lol.

Anyway thanks for letting me know of their use, the Recline down and pedal forward i can check normally. But the VIO wire being the "cushion butt warmer sensor" seems like it could end badly if the truck stopped getting a reading from that perticular sensor...

Quick Reply: 2010 Lariat Seat Wiring Question