Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 oem nav

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 oem nav

I was thinking about getting the OEM NAV system as opposed to an After market system. I bought my '09 off the lot, I really wanted the NAV system but the truck did not have it. The dealer offered to install it but before talking any numbers I told them I wasn't intereset at the time. (I wanted to see what aftermarket systems were available) I've done some reasearch on aftermarktet systems, not many available but I would like to know some of the features of the OEM before making my choice

Please post some pics of your 2009 F-150 OEM NAV system.
Also here are a few questions...

1. Can you access the climate controls through the touch screen?

2. Is there an AV input that I could say plug my son's Gameboy into so he can play on a larger screen.

3. How big is the screen?

4. Do you have the Sony sound or the Ford sound system?

5. Do you know the power output 50 watts, 100 watts etc.

Thanks in advance guys
Old 07-31-2009, 01:39 PM
sig

I do not have the unit but I was wanting to do exactly what you are trying to do. First of all they want something like $6000 for that unit. So you need to really make sure you want it before you invest.

That being said, it looks nice. You can even speak to the thing and tell it what temp you want the truck to be and it will do it, at least that is what the dealer was telling me. The AC controls are integrated in to the system but I am not sure how they are accessed. It also has its own doppler radar so you have your own personal weather radar.

Keep me updated when you make your decision and let me know how much it winds up costing and all.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by sig
I do not have the unit but I was wanting to do exactly what you are trying to do. First of all they want something like $6000 for that unit. So you need to really make sure you want it before you invest.

That being said, it looks nice. You can even speak to the thing and tell it what temp you want the truck to be and it will do it, at least that is what the dealer was telling me. The AC controls are integrated in to the system but I am not sure how they are accessed. It also has its own doppler radar so you have your own personal weather radar.

Keep me updated when you make your decision and let me know how much it winds up costing and all.
Are you sure that's not for the "Ford Work Solution"? That's the system that has a computer printer etc. I'm just looking for the NAV with the stereo.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Last week I went to my dealer inquiring about adding the OEM NAV. After getting the clueless look for about 20 minutes I was finally greeted by someone who knew about adding the system. They quoted me at $2800 for the system and $400-$500 for installation. The only problem is that the mechanics don't actually have a great deal of knowledge on the sync system so the mechanic and advisor said that they may have to do some trial and error. But they assured me that they could get it done. I also asked about adding the rear view camera and the mechanic said he'd add it for an additional $100, provided I got the parts required.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by dallyack
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/p-i-c-s-new-member-1st-ford-truck-p-i-c-s-27942/

I have had the truck for three months now and still learning, hate looking at the instructions if I dont absolutely have to. I cant immagine that you cannot, allthough I have never tried as the climate controls are right below. I do know that the temp is displayed at the lower part of the screen and changes when you adjust so if I had to speculate, I would say yes.

2. Is there an AV input that I could say plug my son's Gameboy into so he can play on a larger screen.
I dont believe so however, I have the iPhone and when its synced up (wireless), I play games on it and the sound comes through the speakers which is intense.

8"

SONY

it says on the sub / amp box 700 watts, but not sure of the actual screen output

Thanks in advance guys
Your welcom 8)

Last edited by BLiZZNECK; 07-31-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:18 AM
sig

What I asked about was the navigation, but maby there is a difference that they did not know about, so they quoted me a different price.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:47 PM

today I was messing around and allthough I couldnt figure out how to change it via touchscreen, I hit the voice command on the steering wheel and made it cooler by verbal commands. I still prefer just to lean up and hit the dang button on the dash
Old 08-02-2009, 11:41 PM

I too just got my Lariat and i love it. The NAV was not in this, but the dealer offered me this: Yes he can add it, about 2100-2200 installed. Dont forget that they have to get a replacment panel for the opening.

Since the models are scarce up here in New England, I opted to go for what they had and I will get the NAV soon.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 AM
sig

that is way more worth it. I could see spending 2200 for it. I might have to ask another dealership. See if I still get some crazy price.

Does the system your looking at have the weather radar in it.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:44 AM

Thumbs up

I was thinking about getting the OEM NAV system as opposed to an After market system. I bought my '09 off the lot, I really wanted the NAV system but the truck did not have it. The dealer offered to install it but before talking any numbers I told them I wasn't intereset at the time. (I wanted to see what aftermarket systems were available) I've done some reasearch on aftermarktet systems, not many available but I would like to know some of the features of the OEM before making my choice

Thanks in advance guys
1. Yes, you can access the climate controls through the touch screen. There is actually a "home" button on the bottom of the screen that will show you the nav, climate, and radio info. I find it much easier to use the buttons on the dash though.

I would highly recommend the screen though. There is this really slick interface that is accessed through the "I" button on the dash. It gives you a ton of cool information like weather, movie times, gas prices, etc... The best part is that it will give you the directions to theaters and gas stations.

This is one of my favorite things in the truck given the fact that I am a tech guy. Also, pairing your bluetooth phone gives you access to your phone book and all of that type of phone stuff. Also, when you hookup your iPod, MP3 player, thumbdrive etc... You can visually see all your artists, playlists, etc...

I know there are a lot of etc... in this post but it can do a ton of stuff that I think most people would absolutely love!

Dan

Quick Reply: 2009 oem nav