Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 F150 Dome Lights Blinking HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 F150 Dome Lights Blinking HELP!

I took my truck in to a local tire shop for them to install two new front tires, as I had a blow out and like to replace two at a time. When I went to pick up the truck I had a Pressure Monitor Fault on my dash and my dome lights continuously blink with the key in the on or run position.

I had the tire shop try to rest the TPS system but nothing has changed, the guy at the shop said he has been trying to reset it several times with no luck when he saw the lights blinking.....

I spoke with a dealership and they said to try and disconnect the neg wire to the battery for 30 minutes and see if that fixes the issue, I did but the Pressure monitor fault came right back and the light still blink.

What could this be, and did the tire shop mess something up while trying to reset my TPS system that would now mess with my interior lights???
Old 03-12-2015, 11:57 AM

So sitting at tire shop now, they now two tps sensors are bad, they replaced them..... Tps fault still came back and they say the blinking dome lights mean it's in dealer re learn mode....... They are unsure what they can do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The two ford services providers I spoke with at local dealerships both indicated they have never seen this blinking light issue.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:12 PM

ok so nothing has changed, still have Monitoring fault even with 2 new TPS sensors.....tire shop guy said he is pulling a C2780 code requires a VSM relearn, whoh they have done several times..... done lights still blinding, monitoring system fault error still shows on dash.

Tire guy said to drive it for a day while they do more research..... anyone seen this issue before?
Old 11-24-2015, 11:44 AM

I am having the same problem does anybody know what is it?
Old 07-08-2016, 10:19 AM

Default Blinking dome light here too !!!

Yesterday ..... took the truck into the tire shop to have the " Tire Pressure Sensor Fail" light looked at. They said nothing was wrong with the sensors.....however when i got it back the dome light was blinking and the light still was NOT goinf off !!! HELP
Old 08-08-2017, 07:42 PM

Did anyone figure this out? Im currently having same problem
Old 11-30-2017, 10:26 PM

Default Help!!!

Originally Posted by taunt
Did anyone figure this out? Im currently having same problem
Did anyone find out a solution for this? Just had the same thing happen to me.

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2018, 10:34 PM

Any updates on this?
Old 01-12-2018, 09:45 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Question

1st question to ask would be - Are/Were the TPMS sensors Motorcraft | aftermarket?

If aftermarket, would recommend changing to Motorcraft.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low co$t is forgotten.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Solution Found.

This just happened to me yesterday (2009 XLT F150). Shop replaced a TPMS but had no clue it needed the new sensor to be learnt. They use their TPMS programmer to try and program the new sensor to the truck via the OBD2 connector, once they did that the interior light started blinking (which was not doing it before they attempted to program it) and the TPMS sensor fault light was still on. He had no clue. I found the procedure on how to learn new sensors which is included in the manual: Turn key to OFF, press/release brake, turn key to ON and OFF 3 times ending on ON, press brake for 2 seconds, release brake and then key OFF and ON 3 times end on ON and the learn mode is enabled and shown on your cluster screen. It will tell you to proceed to Driver left sensor, at which time they need to reset the TPMS with their programer, when done the horn will sound once and ask to move to the driver front sensor and just like that all 4 tires and finally it shown as program concluded and you are done. No more blinking Sensor Fault and no more Blinking Dome light. It seems like shops love to program TPMS sensors via OBD2 port but this F150 dont need it nor like it. Hope this helps.
The following 2 users liked this post by arturolojero:
JeffnJo (03-21-2024), Rustell (12-07-2019)

Quick Reply: 2009 F150 Dome Lights Blinking HELP!