Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Sway Bar

Hey guys, I have a question...I have a 98 F150 4x4 and was wondering if the rear sway bar is ok to be removed? Does it affect it that much? Or would you recommend leaving it on.
I don't know if this matters for anything but it is lifted 5" and running 35's. I don't tow a whole lot, just trying to make it my off roader on the weekends.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:38 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't see any big problems, I asked this question a while back. Just don't take any stupid hard turns with it, although since you have a front sway bar, it won't be as big of an issue
Old 01-27-2014, 05:43 PM

Ok, awesome! Thanks! I'll take if off and go for a little off roading adventure, nothing to crazy to see how it does.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by rdr4lfe
Ok, awesome! Thanks! I'll take if off and go for a little off roading adventure, nothing to crazy to see how it does.
No problem
It should have much better articulation. I'm just worried about interstate/fast turns for you.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by DanielElfert
No problem
It should have much better articulation. I'm just worried about interstate/fast turns for you.
What do you mean about the highway? Will it not be so stable at high speeds? I get the turning part, just have to take it easy, so I'll go slow there.
Also, If I do take it off, I heard that there's something as far sway bars go that you can put up front that will support the rear as well? I don't know what it's called, and I just heard about it during a random discussion some buddies were having. Do you know anything about that?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by rdr4lfe
What do you mean about the highway? Will it not be so stable at high speeds? I get the turning part, just have to take it easy, so I'll go slow there. Also, If I do take it off, I heard that there's something as far sway bars go that you can put up front that will support the rear as well? I don't know what it's called, and I just heard about it during a random discussion some buddies were having. Do you know anything about that?
Well the rear sway bar isn't anywhere near as important as the front, so forget the highway thing lol
And I've never heard of that. Sorry /:

Quick Reply: Rear Sway Bar