Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Mastercraft Courser MXT

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mastercraft Courser MXT

Does anyone run these tires?

As I have been winding down my list of tires, looking through hundreds of reviews both from magazines and forums I can't find much on these. I like that they're affordable (just over $250 for a 35/12.5) and they're made by Cooper so I wouldn't doubt much if they will hold up over time. I think the price of many MT's such as the BFG's, Toyo's, and Procomps has made me head back towards an aggressive AT but these caught my eye real fast.

Anyway, Just want to know what everyone's opinion is or would be on them.
Thanks!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

I ran MasterCrafts on my old Exploder and had no problems with them. We ran them on a lot of customers cars as well and had no complaints ever. They did seem to wear a bit faster but what do you expect from a cheaper tire
Old 05-28-2014, 03:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

my 10 cents on tires is don't just buy the cheapest crap on the market, there's a reason why something is so cheap. and with tires... this is your connection to the road, good tires should be a top priority. get on treaddepot.com or similar and you will find that you can get a decent tire for very close to that price. think wet and/or cold weather traction on the road, think hard breaking with **** tires, doesn't usually work out as well as with a higher end tire. you will of course do what you want but just think over the points i've made along with the other post about the cheap crap wearing out faster.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought 285/70/17 MXT's. So far I'm happy with them. But I only have 200 miles on them. They are quieter than the old Mastercraft MT. But I won't get to use them off road for awhile yet. I like the aggressive tread. I always had good luck with the old MT, but it sucked in really packed snow and ice. They did add siping to help with that on the new ones. They are very comparable to the Cooper discovery STT Not much difference. I couldn't find any reviews as these tires came out 3-4 months ago. But around my area Mastercraft is a pretty common tire.

Quick Reply: Mastercraft Courser MXT