Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

I just don"t get it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just don"t get it!

How can a 2wd prerunner be able to move in soft sand? The only way is to keep up momentum but what about turning around slow? You would have to get stuck. I was wondering because I'm looking at doing a Ranger prerunner project and 2wd kits are way cheaper. I will be using it on the beaches of NC and some times you have to go slow so I would just be worried about getting stuck. I guess I should just buy a 4wd kit. What do you think? Is it light enough not to get stuck?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 PM
NOM NOM NOM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Light truck, lots of power, and go fast.

prerunners in sand don't putter along.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I had a 2WD ranger with a leveling kit, a LSD, and some AT tires and it was a blast running creeks and firetrails. Got super stuck in soft deep sand , like you said, slowed down to turn around, got the truck stuck down to the frame rails. After some confusion and desperation I took out my floormats and stuffed them in front of the rears and I was out.

There is no beating a slightly modded ranger for performance-fun/$. Get the widest tires you can to keep the front afloat and you should be fire. I was rolling 235/75R15 and things were good.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 PM

Received 1,390 Likes on 664 Posts

yeah pre-runners dont go slow. if youre worried about a 2wd ranger in the sand you could always set it up like this one I saw up at the dunes last summer.

Paddles!

Old 08-08-2011, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kozal01
yeah pre-runners dont go slow. if youre worried about a 2wd ranger in the sand you could always set it up like this one I saw up at the dunes last summer.

Paddles!
That's a bad truck!