Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

How much lift to fit 33x12.5 and 22x12

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much lift to fit 33x12.5 and 22x12

Hey all, just bought a 2017 limited (got a good deal too, thanks to employee pricing!)

I am wanting to mount some 22x12 fuel assaults and 33x12.5r22 ridge grapplers. Will the 3.5" readylift kit fit these? Any other suggestions?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:19 AM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

First of all..... Yes! they will fit but rub like crazy! I would suggest a 4"-6" lift to get better fitment and keep CV angles good. Cutting will be necessary whatever route you choose! Maybe not so much with the 6" lift.
The following users liked this post:
Rap-tor (09-11-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

you can squeeze 33s and a 22x12 on a level with some cutting. I would check the custom offsets website, there a few pics there of the setup you are asking about. I think 6" on 33s would look a little smallish..
Rap-tor (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by white_dc
you can squeeze 33s and a 22x12 on a level with some cutting. I would check the custom offsets website, there a few pics there of the setup you are asking about. I think 6" on 33s would look a little smallish..
Thank you. I think I am going to go with a 4" bds lift. That way I could always upgrade to the 6" for couple hundred bucks. I am hoping the 4" and 33s will look good and fit properly, although I can't find any photos of that setup.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rap-tor
Thank you. I think I am going to go with a 4" bds lift. That way I could always upgrade to the 6" for couple hundred bucks. I am hoping the 4" and 33s will look good and fit properly, although I can't find any photos of that setup.
I thought the same thing! Turns out if you want to upgrade 4" to the 6" lift you have to buy the whole kit. There is no upgrade. However, the first time I saw my truck after installation, I had to double check with the installers that they didn't make a mistake. It looked bigger than a 4" lift and I thought for sure it was the 6" lift. Nonetheless, I was super happy with it. I ended up putting on 35's on mine. You will love it! Good choice!
Old 09-13-2017, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Steelhead 6.2
I thought the same thing! Turns out if you want to upgrade 4" to the 6" lift you have to buy the whole kit. There is no upgrade. However, the first time I saw my truck after installation, I had to double check with the installers that they didn't make a mistake. It looked bigger than a 4" lift and I thought for sure it was the 6" lift. Nonetheless, I was super happy with it. I ended up putting on 35's on mine. You will love it! Good choice!
That's strange. I called BDS directly last week and asked about upgrading from the 4" to the 6", and they said that most of the parts were the same (knuckles, drop). The only replacement parts you would need would be the front spacers, and the rear block and shock. Maybe it's different for coilovers?
Old 09-13-2017, 09:40 AM

That's strange. I called BDS directly last week and asked about upgrading from the 4" to the 6", and they said that most of the parts were the same (knuckles, drop). The only replacement parts you would need would be the front spacers, and the rear block and shock. Maybe it's different for coilovers?
I stand happily corrected!! Wow, cool. I did put the coilovers from the 6" kit into my 4" kit. This is good to know. Perhaps,my local shop was misinformed to some degree. Thanks for clearing that up!!
Rap-tor (09-13-2017)

Trending Topics

Old 09-13-2017, 01:20 PM

I stand happily corrected!! Wow, cool. I did put the coilovers from the 6" kit into my 4" kit. This is good to know. Perhaps,my local shop was misinformed to some degree. Thanks for clearing that up!!
You are also running the older body style, so maybe they have changed something since then? It is certainly appealing to lift now and change my mind later and not be stuck with my initial decision! Nice truck btw. The wheels look great on there 👍
Steelhead 6.2 (09-14-2017)
Old 11-04-2017, 08:32 AM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

If you're doing a 4" lift go with 35s otherwise it will look like you don't have any tires.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:17 PM

Received 391 Likes on 256 Posts

BDS lifts are great. I'm sure you'll be happy with either the 4" or 6" lift. As you mention, the only real difference in heights is the rear block (and longer shocks) and front strut spacer if you go that route (I did).

I did put the coilovers from the 6" kit into my 4" kit.
Steelhead, what do you think of the coilovers? I went with the strut spacers for now, and I do off-road the truck a lot in some pretty rough terrain. I've actually been really happy with the performance so far, and I figured I could always easily swap the factory struts out for the coilovers (which BDS does sell separately) if I felt I needed the upgrade. Did you drive the truck with stock struts long enough before you lifted to get a feel for the difference before / after the coilovers?