How much lift to fit 33x12.5 and 22x12 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section

How much lift to fit 33x12.5 and 22x12

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 25
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default How much lift to fit 33x12.5 and 22x12

Hey all, just bought a 2017 limited (got a good deal too, thanks to employee pricing!)

I am wanting to mount some 22x12 fuel assaults and 33x12.5r22 ridge grapplers. Will the 3.5" readylift kit fit these? Any other suggestions?
Rap-tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Steelhead 6.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 254
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default

First of all..... Yes! they will fit but rub like crazy! I would suggest a 4"-6" lift to get better fitment and keep CV angles good. Cutting will be necessary whatever route you choose! Maybe not so much with the 6" lift.
Steelhead 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steelhead 6.2 For This Useful Post:
Rap-tor (09-11-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
Fake Ballin for da Gram
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,744
Thanked 362 Times in 310 Posts
Default

you can squeeze 33s and a 22x12 on a level with some cutting. I would check the custom offsets website, there a few pics there of the setup you are asking about. I think 6" on 33s would look a little smallish..
white_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to white_dc For This Useful Post:
Rap-tor (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 01:30 AM   #4
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 25
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_dc View Post
you can squeeze 33s and a 22x12 on a level with some cutting. I would check the custom offsets website, there a few pics there of the setup you are asking about. I think 6" on 33s would look a little smallish..
Thank you. I think I am going to go with a 4" bds lift. That way I could always upgrade to the 6" for couple hundred bucks. I am hoping the 4" and 33s will look good and fit properly, although I can't find any photos of that setup.
Rap-tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Steelhead 6.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 254
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rap-tor View Post
Thank you. I think I am going to go with a 4" bds lift. That way I could always upgrade to the 6" for couple hundred bucks. I am hoping the 4" and 33s will look good and fit properly, although I can't find any photos of that setup.
I thought the same thing! Turns out if you want to upgrade 4" to the 6" lift you have to buy the whole kit. There is no upgrade. However, the first time I saw my truck after installation, I had to double check with the installers that they didn't make a mistake. It looked bigger than a 4" lift and I thought for sure it was the 6" lift. Nonetheless, I was super happy with it. I ended up putting on 35's on mine. You will love it! Good choice!
Steelhead 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #6
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 25
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead 6.2 View Post
I thought the same thing! Turns out if you want to upgrade 4" to the 6" lift you have to buy the whole kit. There is no upgrade. However, the first time I saw my truck after installation, I had to double check with the installers that they didn't make a mistake. It looked bigger than a 4" lift and I thought for sure it was the 6" lift. Nonetheless, I was super happy with it. I ended up putting on 35's on mine. You will love it! Good choice!
That's strange. I called BDS directly last week and asked about upgrading from the 4" to the 6", and they said that most of the parts were the same (knuckles, drop). The only replacement parts you would need would be the front spacers, and the rear block and shock. Maybe it's different for coilovers?
Rap-tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Steelhead 6.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 254
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rap-tor View Post
That's strange. I called BDS directly last week and asked about upgrading from the 4" to the 6", and they said that most of the parts were the same (knuckles, drop). The only replacement parts you would need would be the front spacers, and the rear block and shock. Maybe it's different for coilovers?
I stand happily corrected!! Wow, cool. I did put the coilovers from the 6" kit into my 4" kit. This is good to know. Perhaps,my local shop was misinformed to some degree. Thanks for clearing that up!!
Steelhead 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steelhead 6.2 For This Useful Post:
Rap-tor (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 25
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead 6.2 View Post
I stand happily corrected!! Wow, cool. I did put the coilovers from the 6" kit into my 4" kit. This is good to know. Perhaps,my local shop was misinformed to some degree. Thanks for clearing that up!!
You are also running the older body style, so maybe they have changed something since then? It is certainly appealing to lift now and change my mind later and not be stuck with my initial decision! Nice truck btw. The wheels look great on there 👍
Rap-tor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rap-tor For This Useful Post:
Steelhead 6.2 (09-14-2017)
Old 11-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #9
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Vette10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: MN
Posts: 324
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rap-tor View Post
Thank you. I think I am going to go with a 4" bds lift. That way I could always upgrade to the 6" for couple hundred bucks. I am hoping the 4" and 33s will look good and fit properly, although I can't find any photos of that setup.
If you're doing a 4" lift go with 35s otherwise it will look like you don't have any tires.
Vette10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #10
Member
 
Florida_F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 46
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rap-tor View Post
Thank you. I think I am going to go with a 4" bds lift. That way I could always upgrade to the 6" for couple hundred bucks. I am hoping the 4" and 33s will look good and fit properly, although I can't find any photos of that setup.
BDS lifts are great. I'm sure you'll be happy with either the 4" or 6" lift. As you mention, the only real difference in heights is the rear block (and longer shocks) and front strut spacer if you go that route (I did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead 6.2 View Post
I did put the coilovers from the 6" kit into my 4" kit.
Steelhead, what do you think of the coilovers? I went with the strut spacers for now, and I do off-road the truck a lot in some pretty rough terrain. I've actually been really happy with the performance so far, and I figured I could always easily swap the factory struts out for the coilovers (which BDS does sell separately) if I felt I needed the upgrade. Did you drive the truck with stock struts long enough before you lifted to get a feel for the difference before / after the coilovers?
Florida_F150 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2017 F150Forum.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: