Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Good Offroad Tires For F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Good Offroad Tires For F150

Hey everyone I know I'm new here but I am starting to look for a good balanced off-road tire/rim package. I have the leveling kit to fit 33's but I am ok with putting 28's on my truck. It is a 2016 F-150 XLT. The rim size is 17'. Just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for packages or a good tire for off-roading?
Old 08-16-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

What sort of off roading are you expecting? Do you do a significant amount of off roading that would make a mud tire worth while or is it just occasional? If occasional, I would certainly recommend an all terrain since they are much more livable for a DD.

I'm a big fan of Cooper tires for ATs-I had AT3s on my Tacoma and I have ATPs on my F150. Both have done quite well off pavement.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by dprice
Hey everyone I know I'm new here but I am starting to look for a good balanced off-road tire/rim package. I have the leveling kit to fit 33's but I am ok with putting 28's on my truck. It is a 2016 F-150 XLT. The rim size is 17'. Just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for packages or a good tire for off-roading?
I'm assuming a typo?

What is your ratio of daily driver to off roading?

I would go with an AT tire. A lot of different companies to choose from...

BFG, Falken, Toyo, Nitto...the list goes on an on!

A lot of great reviews on all the companies. It'll come down to what you want and how much you want to spend.

JT
Old 08-16-2016, 10:51 AM

With work it would be more occasional then anything, so more than likely an all-terrain tire would suit me better
Old 08-16-2016, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Baja Kits
I'm assuming a typo?

What is the ratio of daily driver to off roading?

I would go with an AT tire. A lot of different companies to choose from...

BFG, Falken, Toyo, Nitto...the list goes on an on!

A lot of great reviews on all the companies. It'll come down to what you want and how much you want to spend.

JT
Yep just noticed that. My bad ignore that it is pretty early haha.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:53 AM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

My vote is for an all terrain in 285/70r17 or 295/70r17 (if you're willing to spend a bit more). 255/80r17 is a little skinnier but also a good 33" size and has many advantages. Skinny tires aren't exactly in but they work.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

Are you going to lift it any higher down the road?

What leveling kit do you currently have?

You can technically fit 35's with some trimming.

Not sure if you want to go that route. If not, you will be happy with the majority of the 33 AT's out in the market.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:25 PM

I really like the Toyo AT2. It's what I use on my current F150. Best snow tire and AT tire I've ever ran. A little more hum on the road than any previous AT I've owned but they are a little more aggressive. They were awesome in the mud for me last year field hunting for geese.

Stay away from Firestone Destination - They suck in the snow/rain. I got them a couple times cause they were cheaper.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:38 PM

Received 281 Likes on 217 Posts

I can comfortably recommend the Goodyear DuraTrac. It is immensely popular for a reason. I have seen a few people note some negatives that they experienced but it seems to be few and far between.

I use them as my winter tire and would have bought a second set for summer if they had the size I wanted. I really cant say enough good things about them.

As I said they are mainly my winters but I had to run them into the summer this year while I made a desicion on new tires. I brought my 30' TT out to it's summer location and had to back up, on sand, through a ditch, while making a sharp turn, pushing that TT into place and I barley spun a tire. I was fully prepared to get stuck and need to be pulled but that turned out not to be the case. Everyone out there was thoroughly impressed with my tires traction.

I have also had to put them on early for late fall hunting so have seen mud and loose gravel. As for snow I would rate them as some of the top, non winter tires I have used.

I have yet to have so much as a flat let alone cut one down and I use my truck aggressively during hunting and fishing seasons.

Too add to this with there aggressive sidewall they look good too.

Certainly a tire to keep on your potential list
Old 08-31-2016, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I roll the Toyo M/T's and love them. They are 10 ply and have a load of 3800. When I popped one the eyes on the Discount Tire's guy's face was filled with astonishment and to this day it's the only one I have ever punctured.They are a little pricy, but I run the 33's on my stock 150. I was just offered the Duratrack which are also very good Tire's with the same ratings but I'm just stuck on the Toyo's. I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Good Offroad Tires For F150