Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Ecoboost Suspension??????

Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 PM
ECO 4X4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecoboost Suspension??????

I posted this in another area but I believe this is a better suited place. I have a lift on everyone of my trucks and all are modified so I ordered the ecoboost with lockers. Does anyone have one lifted yet or opinions on lifts for it. cost vs quality, I have learned that the most expensive is not always the best and cheap doesn't mean quality. Please help, I want to order the lift so I can install the day after i pick it up but want to do it right, I have been into the HD side since I did my 98 in 97 (still have it and love the manual trans) anyways never thought I would go back to a 1/2 in fact almost ordered a cummins the day I ordered the ecoboost. Thanks guys.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM
2011 F150, 6" and 37's!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 2011 I have the 6" BDS lift and I love, no problems off road, and it still flexes great for a big truck. Got a few pics on my profile, I need to add some recent mudding pics though.

Also I am running 37's
Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 PM
ECO 4X4

Default Great minds think alike

I ordered the same truck almost, didn't get the FX4 but 3.73 locker blaa blaa blaa. Beautiful truck. Your profile says something about fabtech what leveling kit did you use. How much cutting did you have to do to the cross member if any. by the way I have the same tires on my 98 4 sets so far love them going to put them on my diesel also they work in every condition. where did you order it from? Thanks for actually replying to a newbee. once again awesome truck. oh yea re-gearing soon or still have plenty of snot left I am sure you have 3.73 in it.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Turbotuned....please...paragraphs....something...h ave headache.....

All kidding aside, break it up a little, its hard to read when its all jumbled like that.

Just some friendly advice, if your asking questions someone who knows the answer might not read your thread......
Old 04-05-2011, 11:11 PM
2011 F150, 6" and 37's!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbotuned
I ordered the same truck almost, didn't get the FX4 but 3.73 locker blaa blaa blaa. Beautiful truck. Your profile says something about fabtech what leveling kit did you use. How much cutting did you have to do to the cross member if any. by the way I have the same tires on my 98 4 sets so far love them going to put them on my diesel also they work in every condition. where did you order it from? Thanks for actually replying to a newbee. once again awesome truck. oh yea re-gearing soon or still have plenty of snot left I am sure you have 3.73 in it.
Yea the 3.73 and locker are nice, sometimes I wish I had the limited slip. No fabetech here just BDS Suspension (6"), very nice kit. I didn't install the kit myself since it requires a small cut and welding(one a small spot). I love my KM2 also, and in the new trucks they are nice and quiet.

Also, with the 37's gearing would help, but the truck still moves fast for its size.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:37 AM
ECO 4X4

I will attempt to break it up, thanks for that advice you are correct I do the same when reading

Thanks I will order gears also, I just hate trying to get the backlash correct takes time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ecoboost Suspension??????