Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Blisten5100

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blisten5100

If I run the blisten 5100s will I need to remove my current leveling kit? Anyone have any pics of there trucks with these installed?
Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
F150 Forum

Received 235 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by crim518
If I run the blisten 5100s will I need to remove my current leveling kit? Anyone have any pics of there trucks with these installed?
When upgrading to the 5100's this eliminates any spacer you put on top of the spring mounts. 0-2.5" for the 4x2 & 0-2" for the 4x4. In most cases, the Bilstein 5100's increase wheel travel as the spacers do not. You can run the spacers along with the Bilsteins, but they will need to be set on the lowest level.

See our 1-Click shopping for Tap Auto

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/tap-au...opping-224272/

If you like the way your truck sits now, the Bilstein 4600's HD's is still an upgrade over stock shocks.

Last edited by Total Automotive Performance; 08-26-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm currently running a 3" leveling kit and it rides horrible. The front is currently 1/4" higher than the back which I love. I do not like how with the 2.5 spacer the back still sits higher. Are you guys getting dead level with blisten's set at highest setting?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:44 AM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by crim518
I'm currently running a 3" leveling kit and it rides horrible. The front is currently 1/4" higher than the back which I love. I do not like how with the 2.5 spacer the back still sits higher. Are you guys getting dead level with blisten's set at highest setting?
I like the look of the front higher than the back IMO. Some truck (REAR) sits higher depending on the year/options/tow package/4x4, etc.

The reason why the truck is riding horrible is because most of the time these spacers preload the stock components and don't give the shock ANY suspension travel. Bilstein finds it safe to stay at 2"-2.5" for most trucks. While at 3" it usually puts more stress on all the other components.

With a lift this high, You might want to consider, ICON Vehicle Dynamics they have made their Coilover setup with the correct Valving and spring rate to match. They are very proud of themselves of their Coilover setup. While ON/OFF road their 2.5" shock body & with 0-3" of lift is hands down the best money you can purchase for these F150's.

Advantages:

• 2.5 inch shock diameter that Prevents Shock Overheating
  • 0"-3" Ride height adjustable
  • Increased wheel travel
  • Superior shock dampening and control
  • Specific shock valving developed by ICON for your truck, for the best possible suspension performance & best ride quality
  • 100% Bolt-on system - no drilling,cutting or welding necessary for install
  • Made in the USA

Tap Auto Parts $1599.00/shipped within the U.S. We also ship to Canada, PR, & Hawaii. Please PM us for shipping rates.

We also sell the UCA's $749.99/Shipped. If a busted or worn ball joint is gettin you down, try these.....

Overview:
ICON Vehicle Dynamics has developed a tubular uniball upper control arm system for the 2009 - Current Ford F-150 2wd or 4wd trucks. Weak OEM ball joints present problems by limiting suspension travel, especially when using our 2.5” VS Series performance coil-over shocks. Using 1” Teflon Lined Stainless Uniballs combined with our 17-4 Stainless Taper Pin Adapters increases the upper arms misalignment, allowing for smooth and clean wheel travel without worrying about factory ball joint bind. Unique to our engineering of this Uniball Arm is the 2 stage bushing kit that comes standard for reducing deflection along with improving durability & road response.
The Ford F-150 gets pushed to the edge of the alignment spec range when installing a set of after market leveling coilover shocks like our V.S Series 2.5" Coil Over Shock - 91700 (4wd) or 91600 (2wd). These arms not only add strength and durability, but correct the alignment spec adding additional castor as well. Be sure to look at the many suspension accessories and suspension upgrades available.

Key Features:
• 1026 DOM Seamless Tubing
• Dual Stage Bushing Design for Improved Durability & Response
• CNC Bent Tubing
• CNC Machined Greasable Bushing Housings and Sleeves
• 4130 CNC Machined Uni-ball Cup
• 17-4 High Grade Stainless Steel Uni-ball Adapter Pin
• High Precision CNC Machined Pin Provides OEM Like Fitment
• Incudes polyurethane bushings w/ delrin anti-deflection ring for increased performance

• Teflon Lined Stainless Uniballs
• Professionally Precision Welded

Tech Info:
Fits 2009+ Ford F-150 2wd & 4wd Applications

Wheel & Tire Fitment Info:
Factory Wheels & Tires: Yes
Aftermarket Wheels & Tires: 17" or larger wheels with max 5" back space (some 16" Wheels may fit)
33" or 35" x 12.50
Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^ Agree with TAP Auto. I went this route. Bilstien 5100's first then upgraded to Icon coilovers. The bilsteins were a much better ride than stock but the icons are on a whole different level. Also noticed while uninstalling the bistiens is that the icons front and rear were much longer when extended. Spacers are super rough ride. Only issue is your planning to run at the highest setting which usually isn't the best. With it that high you will defiantly want to replace the upper control arm with something lie a camburg piece. Otherwise your stock upper arms will be at an extremely bad angle and the droop travel will be very limited, as long as the added stress to the ball joint.

BTW on the 09+ (not sure what u have), i believe the camburg UCA is the only arm that will clear a stock offset wheel.
The following users liked this post:
Old 10-15-2013, 08:09 PM
F150 Forum

ICON Suspension Packages on F150Forum

Camburg Arm