Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Bilstein 5100 Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bilstein 5100 Help

So after the long wait for the Bilstein 5100's to come back in stock, I finally got them and had a local shop install the fronts this past week (I already installed the rears). I like the stock stance of the truck but decided to go ahead and move the clips to the 0.75" (2nd lowest setting) just in case there was any settling after the install. To my surprise when I got the truck back from the shop the truck is nearly level. I checked to make sure the clips were still in the second slot and they were. Does anyone have any idea why the 0.75" setting would actually lift it over 2"? I've tried to do some research on it and the only two things I can come up with is either the installation was wrong or they are the wrong struts. I'm not sure if this helps identifying the issue, but I've noticed with the front end being higher it's a little more bouncy, despite being the Bilsteins. I appreciate any advice!
Old 06-27-2018, 09:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you ever get an answer on this? Did they ever settle?..... If you're still looking for info, I'd post this in the level kit thread under the 2015-newer section. I beleive its pinned at the top.
The following users liked this post:
park713vmn (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They never settled, it's still sitting at the same height. When I get a chance I'm just going to drop it to the lowest ring and see if that does the trick. I appreciate the response!

Quick Reply: Bilstein 5100 Help