Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

7" Superlift After thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 02:10 PM

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts
Lightbulb 7" Superlift After thoughts

I recently installed the 7" Superlift suspension lift kit on my f150. It was a great experience, though doing it all on jack stands was a PITA. Superlift includes a set of lift blocks for the rear and I went ahead and added a leaf while adding the lift block. The truck still has a nice amount of rake and they AAL's helped keep the truck close to level when i put a 1500# pallet of brick in the bed last weekend. All in all this kit has made this truck an absolute blast to drive and i can firmly say that the ride quality is well improved over stock.
I'll admit I broke some of the rules in choosing this lift with my current gear set which is 3.31. The stock tires measured about 32" and I found a set of 35" inch General grabbers on Letgo mounted to method 17" rims for a steal so i couldnt resist. I can tell anyone out there with the 5.0 and 3.31 gears that going to 35's made the power delivery much more smooth and reliable, whereas before the truck seemed to gear hunt and feel like a clunky mess of crap, now it stays in gears longer and shifts better.
I just recently joined these forums and want to thank all of you users. There were countless times that I researched a topic and f150 forums had the answer or helped me get to the answer. Anyway I wanted to introduce myself and show you all the truck. What do you guys think?
Ive also been weighing my options on replacing the front coil overs. I see the fox 2.0 ones for something like $1750 around the internet. Is that per side? Im considering using a Bilstein 5100 (?) with a combination of the eibach springs, its a fraction of the cost of the Fox option. Will that give me the correct ride height and travel for the setup i'm running? Any budget minded suggestions?

Last edited by KingDeleted; 04-01-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:46 PM

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice looking truck! As for your question about the Fox system that would be for a pair. Check out Stage3motorsports.com I believe you'll find a better price for a basic set of fox 2.0's there. As far as your deal on the General grabbers and method wheels go that's awesome; I love my grabber x3's and would highly recommend changing to them once you need to replace your tires as the first generation grabbers are no longer available to the general public. The X3's perform better all around than the first generation as well with reduced road noise and better traction across different types of terrain.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the info Aaron, I had planned to get new tires in a year or two so i can save for them. Having done all the work myself on the lift and appearance stuff as well i was able to achieve this look for under 2k (that includes lift, wheels and fender flares !!) so i dont mind rolling these until they're bald.

As far as the front suspension goes, does anyone have any experience with the rough country strut towers that reuse your stock spring? I was looking into those as an option to get something that is at least 1 piece from lower control arm up to the top mount, im a bit iffy with these spacers. Will those rough country 6inch lift strut towers give me the right ride height?
Old 04-02-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 391 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by FjordsFords
Thanks for the info Aaron, I had planned to get new tires in a year or two so i can save for them. Having done all the work myself on the lift and appearance stuff as well i was able to achieve this look for under 2k (that includes lift, wheels and fender flares !!) so i dont mind rolling these until they're bald.

As far as the front suspension goes, does anyone have any experience with the rough country strut towers that reuse your stock spring? I was looking into those as an option to get something that is at least 1 piece from lower control arm up to the top mount, im a bit iffy with these spacers. Will those rough country 6inch lift strut towers give me the right ride height?
Nice work, especially without spending a ton of money!

Quick question... you mention the 7" of lift... Did you do something to add some additional lift? Not sure what year F-150 you have, but I didn't see any 7" lifts on Superlift's website. Just want to make sure I understand what you have before I offer any advice. Sounds like you have some strut spacers in there now, correct?
Old 04-02-2018, 03:36 PM

This is a 2017 with the 5.0. Oddly enough i dont see the 7" lift on the superlift website either, but if you go to stage3motorsports or cj pony parts, they have them for sale. Stage3 is still selling them under $1500. The guys over at cj pony posted up a video of the install and it was very helpful while doing the install. The lift and tires under up raising the vehicle almost 10 inches, but i assume it will still settle some. Yes, currently there are 6inch spacers in there that came with the kit. I just went outside and measured and im a bit over 27" from the upper to lower strut mount but that is with the vehicle on the ground. I talked to a rep at rough country and he said the towers are 27.14 inches extended, so i dont think i'll be able to use them. That still leaves me looking for options.

When i added the rear lift blocks in, I also added an Add-a-leaf to the rears, that would be the only addition to the lift kit.
The following users liked this post:
F150CMH (07-30-2021)
Old 04-02-2018, 03:45 PM

This is a 2017 with the 5.0. Oddly enough i dont see the 7" lift on the superlift website either, but if you go to stage3motorsports or cj pony parts, they have them for sale. Stage3 is still selling them under $1500. The guys over at cj pony posted up a video of the install and it was very helpful while doing the install. The lift and tires under up raising the vehicle almost 10 inches, but i assume it will still settle some. Yes, currently there are 6inch spacers in there that came with the kit. I just went outside and measured and im a bit over 27" from the upper to lower strut mount but that is with the vehicle on the ground. I talked to a rep at rough country and he said the towers are 27.14 inches extended, so i dont think i'll be able to use them. That still leaves me looking for options.

When i added the rear lift blocks in, I also added an Add-a-leaf to the rears, that would be the only addition to the lift kit.
I think maybe the brand you meant to write is "Readylift"? (instead of Superlift?) I see the Readylift 7" on Stage3 and CJ Pony... can't find a Superlift 7" anywhere. Not trying to be a stickler here, haha, but it's important to know exactly what we're dealing with.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Florida_F150
I think maybe the brand you meant to write is "Readylift"? (instead of Superlift?) I see the Readylift 7" on Stage3 and CJ Pony... can't find a Superlift 7" anywhere. Not trying to be a stickler here, haha, but it's important to know exactly what we're dealing with.
Ah, well considering I can see the Readylift logo on the diff drop bracket in your first photo, there you go! Haha, that explains it.

If it's the 7" lift kit, I'm guessing that strut spacer is actually 7", no?

I'd head out with the measuring tape one more time and measure the diff drop. I think you should be able to do it by measuring the difference between the top bolt on the diff drop bracket and the bolt below it. Should be somewhere between 5" and 7" (yes I know it's a 7" lift kit, but that doesn't always mean it's a true 7" diff drop). From there, we can figure out what you can do next.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:56 PM

Haha thanks for catching my error Florida_f150, you are correct I have the readylift kit
Old 04-02-2018, 03:58 PM

Haha thanks for catching my error Florida_f150, you are correct I have the readylift kit
No worries! They sound very similar! See my post above about measuring the diff drop (if you missed it... we were typing at the same time). Then we can take it from there...
Old 04-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Allright now that we're all clear that i have a 7" Readylift (including myself) here are some measurements:

The diff dropped approximately 5 1/2" measured from center of old mount to center of new mount.
The strut spacer measures 6 1/2" on the long side of the spacer on the RH of vehicle.
The Crossmembers dropped the lower control arms 6"

That's a bit more info that you asked for Florida but i figured it might be helpful. Are the Rough Country 6" N3 struts an option?

Quick Reply: 7" Superlift After thoughts