Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2015 Lariat tire size question..

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 12:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Lariat tire size question..

Hi,

im sure this has been asked many times, but I just want to make sure.

I am going to buy a set of 315/70R17 tires that came right off a new Raptor. I’d really like to put them on my 2015 Lariat Crewcab. I have the Fox 2.0 kit on it (2” lift) I’m installing on Friday. I also have the Fender flares from barricade (look like the raptor ones). And I purchased 2” hub centric wheel spacers, because the flares bring the fenders out 2”.

What do you think? The actual diameter of the tire is apparently 34.5”. I know other people have put 33” and 34” with the Fox 2.0 alone, but since I am adding the flares I figured I can get a little more room with the spacers?

thanks and sorry for the redundant questions..

Last edited by tcomisky; 02-24-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:39 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

The spacers make the tire rub issue get worse, not better. Imaging turning the wheels so they are at their nearest point of rubbing, and now push them straight out 2". Spacers also carry a notable risk of snapping studs and throwing a tire/wheel, especially a big heavy one. They'll fit without the spacer. With the spacer they'll rub AND be potentially dangerous.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:51 AM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Assuming the new Raptor wheels are the same specs as the old ones...They will also push the outside of the tire out 1" compared to most regular factory F150 wheels (same backspacing but 1" wider). So if you are on stock tires and wheels, the Raptor tires/wheels + 2" spacers will put the outside of the tire roughly 3.75" farther out (that's also assuming a 275 stock tire).
Old 03-11-2019, 01:14 PM

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry I’m late to the game here, but I can confirm your setup with 2 inch spacers will definitely not work. I ran raptor takeoffs with 1 inch spacers on my lariat and a 1.75 inch level. The tires fit with some plastic trimming and cutting back front and rear crash bars a few inches. With a 1.75 level though I still got a very slight rub on the chassis metal body when the wheel is turned in just the right spot and I am plowing up a driveway ramp at a good pace. That is not something you can just shave. Setting my bilsteins to 2.1 inches fixed that issue, but won’t help if you are going with a spacer larger than mine.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up putting on the wheels and tires without the spacers and they fit great. No rubbing or trimming.
you guys are right, I’m pretty sure with spacers, it would have had a problem.

Quick Reply: 2015 Lariat tire size question..