Ideas for TOTM contest - Page 16 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
F150Forum.com Truck of the Month F150Forum.com Truck of the Month Section!

Ideas for TOTM contest

Old 09-04-2018, 03:57 PM
  #151  
Luke
 
SCORGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Fort Mitchell, Al
Posts: 9,293
Thanked 945 Times in 714 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mike from TN View Post
It looks awesome.
Except that It's slightly crooked and driving me crazy haha
SCORGE is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SCORGE For This Useful Post:
johnday (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 07:46 PM
  #152  
Senior Member
 
KillinTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Thibodaux, La
Posts: 701
Thanked 296 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SCORGE View Post
It looks awesome.
Except that It's slightly crooked and driving me crazy haha

What the....did you put a surveyor's level on that thing or something? Lol.

EDIT: I see now....the words inside of the frame are crooked. Thanks a lot SCORGE...now it's driving me crazy. Lol.

Looks great Mike. That's a pretty good idea for an award for TOTM.

Last edited by KillinTime; 09-04-2018 at 07:50 PM.
KillinTime is offline  
Old 09-04-2018, 07:54 PM
  #153  
Member
 
dhoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 48
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I agree, I like the idea of something like a dash plaque or maybe a vinyl sticker? Something small, but something that recognizes the truck and gives the forum some publicity! Just my $0.02...

As far as a theme, how about a 'senior members' month (not age, but join date and/or post count)? Or classics (I'd leave the definition up for debate on what generation qualifies as a classic)? Or maybe a Unicorn (unusually optioned or something that makes it truly a unique truck)? I'll keep thinking of new ideas...

Last edited by dhoppa; 09-04-2018 at 08:03 PM.
dhoppa is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 10:27 AM
  #154  
Moderator
 
BadFish523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Arlen, Texas
Posts: 4,988
Thanked 635 Times in 529 Posts
Default

Skimming through this and you guys talking about badges and such, then I notice several winners putting their winner date, ect in their sigs. Lenn what are the odds we could have a badge here on the forum? Maybe something like the 5 year, 10 year, supporter badges but for TOTM winners?
BadFish523 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadFish523 For This Useful Post:
johnday (10-10-2018), SPOAT (10-10-2018), Summers22 (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 06:49 PM
  #155  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Lenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Letterkenny, Ontario
Posts: 13,871
Thanked 1,068 Times in 307 Posts
Default

I like that! I can add one for a broad “TOTM WINNER” but I can’t add one for each specific month/year because it’ll clog up the control panel.
Lenn is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lenn For This Useful Post:
BadFish523 (10-11-2018), johnday (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 08:08 PM
  #156  
Positive Mental Attitude
 
ReIgnition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hamden, CT
Posts: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

New guy here... I searched and didn't see many recommendations for limited budget build classes.. Something that lets more guys have a chance to win doing significant mods on a budget.

Example... modern trucks at least 20 years old, with 2 or 3 classes. i.e. Trucks at least 20 years old (Not hot rod classics) maximum total cost upgrade classes of $1500, $3,000, and $5,000.

Now high school kids working part time can win fixing up their dads old truck. Upgrades have to make sense... your uncle can't give you a free supercharger for the $1500 class., fine if your three thousand dollar 1999 F150 already had a supercharger and you spent 1500 modifying it. I think you need to do more than 1 mod also. Maybe, cut the top off, new wheels, tune up, new lights, and a paint job.

Lastly tell us about your budget build. Where the truck came from, Who gave it to you if that's the case and what does that person mean to you. I have stuff my father gave me I'll never part with. Funny stories about the truck. etc... Kind of like a featured members build. It should go without saying but you need to be able to explain what you did to the truck.
ReIgnition is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:28 PM
  #157  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Lenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Letterkenny, Ontario
Posts: 13,871
Thanked 1,068 Times in 307 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ReIgnition View Post
New guy here... I searched and didn't see many recommendations for limited budget build classes.. Something that lets more guys have a chance to win doing significant mods on a budget.

Example... modern trucks at least 20 years old, with 2 or 3 classes. i.e. Trucks at least 20 years old (Not hot rod classics) maximum total cost upgrade classes of $1500, $3,000, and $5,000.

Now high school kids working part time can win fixing up their dads old truck. Upgrades have to make sense... your uncle can't give you a free supercharger for the $1500 class., fine if your three thousand dollar 1999 F150 already had a supercharger and you spent 1500 modifying it. I think you need to do more than 1 mod also. Maybe, cut the top off, new wheels, tune up, new lights, and a paint job.

Lastly tell us about your budget build. Where the truck came from, Who gave it to you if that's the case and what does that person mean to you. I have stuff my father gave me I'll never part with. Funny stories about the truck. etc... Kind of like a featured members build. It should go without saying but you need to be able to explain what you did to the truck.
I like that!
Lenn is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lenn For This Useful Post:
ReIgnition (10-10-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 12:25 PM
  #158  
Luke
 
SCORGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Fort Mitchell, Al
Posts: 9,293
Thanked 945 Times in 714 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BadFish523 View Post
Skimming through this and you guys talking about badges and such, then I notice several winners putting their winner date, ect in their sigs. Lenn what are the odds we could have a badge here on the forum? Maybe something like the 5 year, 10 year, supporter badges but for TOTM winners?
I thought about getting it tattooed across my back
SCORGE is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:51 PM
  #159  
Sociopath Truckdriver
 
johnday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Barton City Michigan
Posts: 10,314
Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,571 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SCORGE View Post
I thought about getting it tattooed across my back
Tramp stamp style,eh?
johnday is online now  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:20 PM
  #160  
Luke
 
SCORGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Fort Mitchell, Al
Posts: 9,293
Thanked 945 Times in 714 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Tramp stamp style,eh?
September 2017 : TOTM
Won't be able to keep the ladies off me
SCORGE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ideas for TOTM contest


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.