Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Specific Tire Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Specific Tire Help Needed

Hey y'all, I'm relatively new to the forum this is my first post but i've been reading for a while now and always gotten great info from y'all. I ran into a problem the other day and I wanted to see if anyone had any insight into tires for my specific needs.

I drive a 2014 SCrew XLT with a 2" ReadyLift leveling kit, and I recently had to give my set of Toyo Open Country tires back to my brother as they were his. I work on a farm most of the year, and love to go off-roading as well. I've had some problems looking for tires because the stock rims on my truck are 20 inches, and tires are the one things about trucks I don't know very much about to be honest.

I'm looking for a tire that will give my truck an aggressive stance on the road, as well as perform off-road, something with a deep visible tread, without rubbing at full lock. Anyone gone through this before and know how big I can go, and have any suggestions for specific tires? I would love to buy my own set of Open Country's again but they are just out of my price range.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks y'all
Old 04-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Sh!tllbuffout

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Would you not just get the same size as your brothers? We need more info to really help. Maybe some pics too. They usually make up for having such a vague post.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about the vagueness - still getting used to posting haha. I could get the same size but my goal is to add a little more height through a tire/tread that sits a little higher. I was looking at the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's in 295/60/20.. the specs say that they fit on an 8.5in rim which is what I am currently running and don't really want to pay for new ones. The other ones are the BFGoodrich TA KO2's which come in a 285/65/20 and it seems both of those tires would be about 34 1/2.

I attached some pictures to hopefully make up for my mistake.
Attached Thumbnails Specific Tire Help Needed-2.jpg   Specific Tire Help Needed-6.jpg  
Old 04-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Sh!tllbuffout

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

One thing I did was find out what the hight of my current tire was then turn the steering wheel full to full lock and see how much room I had to play with and go from there. Now I barely have maybe an inch of clearance.

I'm in an older truck so hopefully someone with a setup like yours will chime in. Also, look at the show us your wheels thread.

Quick Reply: Specific Tire Help Needed