Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Goodyear Duratrac P rated 275/60r20

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 04:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Goodyear Duratrac P rated 275/60r20

Anybody on here run these yet? Wanting to get rid of my Terra Grapplers 275/65r20 E rated and drop back to a P for better ride quality. If anyone has experience with these yet please let me know. They seem like a great option to gain ride quality but still have decent size and aggressive look. Would love to see pics if possible.

Thank you!
Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I am running the 18" rim version 275x65x18. I specifically went with that size instead of the 275x70x18 to stay in a p rated tire. I am very happy with them, but I never ran an LT - so would not be able to offer a comparison. I only have about 1500mi on them so far - but I am ecstatic. You can see pics under my profile postings - again they are the 18" version though.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:32 PM

@mtondreo thank you for the reply! Glad to hear you love them so far. That's what I'm trying to accomplish, smooth ride. Are you running the stock rear shocks or any upgraded ones? I have bilstein 5100s which are bit stiff so trying to settle on the best combo possible. Going to check out pics now
Old 07-11-2015, 12:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

I am completely stock. I may level out because we use our Expy for towing, but not even sure if I will do that. I have the factory 18" FX2 rims and just wanted a more aggressive looking tire that would have good wet weather traction - plus the stock 265's kept breaking loose when I pulled out in traffic and the traction control would kick on.
I also went with the p rated tire because I wanted the mileage prorate. For some reason I go thru tires, brakes and get horrible mileage on every vehicle I own.
And yes - I know what the reason is - but I have accepted that. I am really happy with the tires and they have only broken loose once since I have had them on.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking at the exact same size and if you are actually going offroad I would stick with an LT D or E rated. The Duratrac P and LT C have a two ply sidewall that can be easily punctured by sticks/rocks. The KO2 is a pretty good alternative, still looks pretty aggressive, not too heavy,not too expensive, and still mountain/snow rated. If you just have a mall crawler I think the Duratracs would be a good choice though.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:59 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Default Goodyear Duratrac P rated 275/60r20

Originally Posted by NamedPeril
I am looking at the exact same size and if you are actually going offroad I would stick with an LT D or E rated. The Duratrac P and LT C have a two ply sidewall that can be easily punctured by sticks/rocks. The KO2 is a pretty good alternative, still looks pretty aggressive, not too heavy,not too expensive, and still mountain/snow rated. If you just have a mall crawler I think the Duratracs would be a good choice though.
All of the DuraTracs have a 2-ply sidewall. I had 10-ply DuraTracs with 2-ply sidewalls on my truck and I have called Goodyear to confirm they all indeed only have 2-ply sidewalls. Wish they had at least some in a 3-ply would really help the tires out.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by NamedPeril
To me the biggest thing would be the weight reduction of the P Duratracs. I love the KO2 but the same size is about 13lbs heavier per tire, and about the same as my current terra grapplers. I feel that added unsprung weight is what causes the rear of the truck to hop the way it does. I tow flats boats a bunch but they only weigh under 2000lbs with trailer so I'm not worried about that aspect. And offroad, that's not happening hardly ever. Decisions decisions...
Old 07-14-2015, 11:30 AM

Would love to see pics of these if possible... very hard thing to find via this site or google in general...
Old 07-16-2015, 12:54 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

bhall did you install the 5100's yourself? how did the ride change? did you see any benefit to these over the factory rear shock? thanks

Quick Reply: Goodyear Duratrac P rated 275/60r20