Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Goodyear Adventure w/ Kevlar, in P and LT-E - experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 03:40 AM

Received 195 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Goodyear Adventure w/ Kevlar, in P and LT-E - experiences?

Havent heard too much about these tires, wondering if anyone has them. I like KO2s but am worried about the on-road wear and mpg; these Adventures are supposedly longer lasting on road. I mostly stay on road but need good rain and snow traction, and good gravel performance.

Planning a road trip right now and want to be safe out there for any possible conditions so I desperately want these Fortitude HTs to disappear.

Would be looking at 265/70R17, either P or E-range.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:16 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My truck came with these tires and they have been fine for me in the Houston rain.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering the same thing about the Goodyear's. My last truck came with Goodyear ATS tires on it and they were decent in the snow but sucked in any off road situation. I think tires are the best insurance you can get so I too am wondering if I should swap out my new Adventures for KO2's.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:40 PM

Received 195 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by goosedowner
I was wondering the same thing about the Goodyear's. My last truck came with Goodyear ATS tires on it and they were decent in the snow but sucked in any off road situation. I think tires are the best insurance you can get so I too am wondering if I should swap out my new Adventures for KO2's.
From what I have read there is no question about how great the Adventures are dry, wet and snowy. Quiet too. Just concerns about its off-road capabilities, since it is a less aggressive looking tire (though ppl say it looks more aggressive in person).

I think one has to step up to E if one buys KO2s since they don't make P metric. But after some reading I can't help but feel that KO2s are overrated and overpriced in every condition.

Im leaning very strongly towards E range Adventures for the snowflake rating, deeper tread and extra Kevlar and steel. Not to mention they shouldn't sound like beehives when worn, like Duratracs and KO2s do.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really wanted Kelly TSR's but as of now they don't make them in 20's.