Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W A

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 03:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W A

So I found this particular tire on Tire Rack. But cannot locate it anywhere else, including Falken Tire?
Note the “A” at the end and how on Tire Rack it is a C rated tire, which is what I am looking for. Not a P nor an E.
anyone have this exact tire?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...5SR8WPAT3WAOWL
Old 06-23-2019, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell a story about these. I ordered Wildpeak A/T3Ws from my local Discount Tire last fall. I did not think to look at them before installation. I noticed the A on the invoice, but did not think much of it. When if examined them closely at home, I notices that there was not severe snow symbol on the sidewall. That is when I really noticed they were different than the regular wildpeak tires. Like you I found almost no info on them other that a Ram truck PR. I contacted Falken and this was there response

-These OE RAM 1500 tires actually do meet the Severe Snow rating snow traction requirements, and the sidewalls will be marked accordingly in the future. We are in the process of changing the sidewall to add the snowflake severe snow rating symbol.

So these are one of the OE dodge truck tires, and if you want them I can confirm Discount Tire can get them. I ended up having them replaced with the non LT wildpeaks.
The following users liked this post:
Discount Tire (06-25-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 09:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jswinner
I can tell a story about these. I ordered Wildpeak A/T3Ws from my local Discount Tire last fall. I did not think to look at them before installation. I noticed the A on the invoice, but did not think much of it. When if examined them closely at home, I notices that there was not severe snow symbol on the sidewall. That is when I really noticed they were different than the regular wildpeak tires. Like you I found almost no info on them other that a Ram truck PR. I contacted Falken and this was there response

-These OE RAM 1500 tires actually do meet the Severe Snow rating snow traction requirements, and the sidewalls will be marked accordingly in the future. We are in the process of changing the sidewall to add the snowflake severe snow rating symbol.

So these are one of the OE dodge truck tires, and if you want them I can confirm Discount Tire can get them. I ended up having them replaced with the non LT wildpeaks.
Very interesting, thank you. I had seen them on Tire Rack, but on Discount tire I have seen their own “house” brand of Goodyear. How did the tires act for you? I know you got them replaced, not many miles I guess?
Just difficult to find C rated 18”.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fourbtgait
Very interesting, thank you. I had seen them on Tire Rack, but on Discount tire I have seen their own “house” brand of Goodyear. How did the tires act for you? I know you got them replaced, not many miles I guess?
Just difficult to find C rated 18”.
They were fine, you could tell they were lt tires but not nearly as harsh as an e rated. I only had them a few days while my replacement tires were being delivered. No rain or other bad weather to test them out. The tread is a bit different than the regular non OE tire and not quite as deep. I was leery about the severe snow rating without the sidewall stamping. Easy enough to check if you can find a dodge ram with them on if that is important to you.

Quick Reply: Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W A