Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

20 in Wheels Appetite

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 20 in Wheels Appetite

Hey guys, been lurking around this forum quite a bit lately reading some great stuff. I'm getting ready to purchase a new XLT/Lariat and had a question about the wheels.

I want to put aftermarket wheels on my truck and wondered if there was any appetite on here for the factory 20 in wheels that come with the truck (painted aluminum or chrome like PVD)? I would order the factory wheels and then just swap them with some of my own before I leave the lot. Any thoughts on this, or did others with this same idea negotiate some sort of buyback with the dealer? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:56 PM

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

If I had it to do over again, I'd have gone without the FX4 20" & bought my own wheels sooner. The take offs were a PITA to sell, everybody wanted to low ball me.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:22 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I tried to negotiate with the dealer to buy back my trucks wheels and put aftermarket ones on when I bought it, but they said they had stopped doing that recently as they had three sets of OEM wheels to get rid of!
Old 07-14-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. You both seem to confirm what I'm finding as well. I thought there would be a good market for these or the dealers would work with me but that hasn't been the case so far.