Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Want to replace Center speaker need only 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Want to replace Center speaker need only 1

Looking to replace my center dash speaker 3.5" but don't need / want to buy a pair. If anyone out there has a recent split pair (1-left over) then I would be willing to buy one.
Thanks
Old 12-11-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206DSC...04.html?tp=105

$37 shipped for a pair from crutchfield. would give you a spare as well.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:14 PM

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Robot
Looking to replace my center dash speaker 3.5" but don't need / want to buy a pair. If anyone out there has a recent split pair (1-left over) then I would be willing to buy one.
Thanks
Sending you a PM. Have a JL Audio C2-350X speaker.
http://www.jlaudio.com/c2-350x-car-a...-systems-99611
Old 12-12-2017, 08:38 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I went through the same thing.

However, after going through the effort to upgrade the center speaker I ended up upgrading speakers all around and, eventually, the head unit.

If you plan on ultimately going that route, the center speaker will be useless and that money wasted.

If you aren't going to go beyond a speaker upgrade, just note that the center speaker doesn't really do much for the system other than fill in a sound void along the center dash. It's not particularly loud with the stock system (4.2" at least) and, IMO, isn't worth a lot of money upgrading.

Fortunately, my wife's new Subaru accepts 3.5" speakers in the A pillars, so that's where the set of Infinity's I bought will ultimately end up.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by longbedbob
I went through the same thing.

However, after going through the effort to upgrade the center speaker I ended up upgrading speakers all around and, eventually, the head unit.

If you plan on ultimately going that route, the center speaker will be useless and that money wasted.

If you aren't going to go beyond a speaker upgrade, just note that the center speaker doesn't really do much for the system other than fill in a sound void along the center dash. It's not particularly loud with the stock system (4.2" at least) and, IMO, isn't worth a lot of money upgrading.

Fortunately, my wife's new Subaru accepts 3.5" speakers in the A pillars, so that's where the set of Infinity's I bought will ultimately end up.
+1

Quick Reply: Want to replace Center speaker need only 1